Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

You should hear this one!!

staupephotmail.com

If you haven't already, check out Sonny Landreth...a slide/fingerstlye playing freak of nature. Mind boggling technique, incredible tone(a gross understatement), soulful gut wenching feeling, great singer/songsmith. Sounds like Eric Johnson and Jerry Douglas(country slide player) got together and had a baby. I just picked up his latest "Levee Town", and this is the first guitar player in a long time that just freaks me out. Kind of a Blues/zydeco/roots rock sort of genre, but his playing just kills!!

Run, don't walk, to the local music store!

Eric

This message has been edited by staupep@hotmail.com on 01-09-2001 at 01:13 PM

• 8 years later...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had the good fortune of seeing Sonny a few years back in a small venue, and Johnny A was the opening act! Odd combo but guitar-geek heaven. How about a "SlideFest 2010" with Derek trucks and Sonny?

Oooooooooooooooooh, all of the above would smoke! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I had the good fortune of seeing Sonny a few years back in a small venue, and Johnny A was the opening act! Odd combo but guitar-geek heaven. How about a "SlideFest 2010" with Derek trucks and Sonny?

Gotta get Ry Cooder, David Lindley and Johnny Winter in the mix too, if it's gonna be a REAL Slide fest!

Always remember that you�re unique. Just like everyone else.

Awesome. I saw the DTB open for Eric Johnson on his Alien Love Child tour. Derek just killed, man...one of the highlights, for me, was their cover of "Don't Change Horses". Overall, one of the best shows I've ever seen.

My ears are haunted.

Archived