Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

wolfgang guitar strings

drcmvalleycity.net

Hey, I have a peavey wolfgang guitar. It's my pride and joy. Love the damn thing. Im wondering about the strings. they sell EVH strings for it but im tired of paying $10 a set. I am wondering what the differance is between nickel wrap and steel. i have been using ernie ball 5150 strings. they seem to work alright, but i am always thinking i should use the EVH make. What do ya think?

drcm27

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can use whatever strings feel best to you. If you change strings and the gauge of the new strings is very different from whatever is on the guitar now, you will probably have to do some minor adjustments to the guitar's set up (action, intonation, bridge) to make it play its best. But you shouldn't feel like you have to use EVH strings just because you have an EVH guitar. Use any strings that you feel most comfortable playing on.

• 2 weeks later...

When Peavey first started building the Wolfie, they were using National Strings(Mapes, Black Diamond)...they eventually went to D'Addarios(standard nickel wrap).

In order of mellow to brighter tone: nickel, nickel plated steel, stainless. As Lisa stated, any brand of string will work just fine but you may need to adjust for minor differences regarding intonation and core wire/wrap wire ratio.

This message has been edited by dave@electrocoustic.com on 01-06-2001 at 09:07 AM

Archived