Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Technical problems on the site??

When I post a message, I get the screen that says: "Sit tight... We are taking you back to: ", but it doesn't forward me. I have to click the FORUM HOME link and work my way back down. Have we changed webmasters lately? :(

The Black Knight always triumphs!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The same thing happens to me, also the spellchecker changes don't "take" when I post.

"Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -- John Adams

"I am a senior member, and thereby entilted to all the privileges and rights accorded said status"

-- NBR

[quote]Originally posted by Dan South: [b]When I post a message, I get the screen that says: "Sit tight... We are taking you back to: ", but it doesn't forward me. I have to click the FORUM HOME link and work my way back down. Have we changed webmasters lately? :( [/b][/quote]No problems here!

Jesus Is Coming, Make Music, Get Ready!

[quote]Originally posted by lliB_retsoF: [b]The same thing happens to me, also the spellchecker changes don't "take" when I post.[/b][/quote]Maybe we can blame Sadam! :eek: :evil: :evil:

[quote]Originally posted by ViLo: [b] [quote]Originally posted by lliB_retsoF: [b]The same thing happens to me, also the spellchecker changes don't "take" when I post.[/b][/quote]Maybe we can blame Sadam! :eek: :evil: :evil: [/b][/quote]Wouldn't you rather blame Bush?

"Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -- John Adams

"I am a senior member, and thereby entilted to all the privileges and rights accorded said status"

-- NBR

We talked about this on another thread - I started having this problem a few weeks ago on my Mac (home), but not on my PC (work). Also, I now know that it's only with Internet Explorer on the Mac, not with Netscape. Are the rest of you having this problem using IE on a Mac? dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Okay, so only Jeff is the odd man out. I don't have the problem with Netscape. JK - are you able to use IE without this problem? Any other Mac/IE guys having this problem? Have any of you guys tried a different web browser to see if it goes away? One other question - the Mac in question is still running 9.1 (happily, for the most part) - how about the rest of you? dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I thought I was the only one because of the ultra-paranoid setting on my firewall~! This started about a week ago. :cry:

"We are the Federales... You know, the Mounted Police..."

---"If you're the police, where are your badges?"

"Bodges?..."

I use Opera; hold down the right button, left click, it backs up a page *instantly*. So once I see the "posting message" result I do that - voila, back where I started. If it does anything beyond that "wrong", I wouldn't know. Netscape and IE are just ridiculously slow hogs. I keep Netscape 6 or something laying around with everything turned on so I can log on and pay my electricity bill, and it's like jogging in molassess... takes foreeeeeever to load, foreeeeeever to load a page, foreeeeever.... Yuck. Everything seems the same performance wise to me on the forums...

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

([i]Please note:[/i] Most of you know me as [b]soapbox[/b], but this post is under my real name.) [quote][i]Originally posted by Dave Bryce:[/i] We talked about this on another thread.[/quote]It was called [url=http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010653]A Forum Feature Seems Broken[/url] . (FWIW, I started that thread last week on 2/3/03.) [quote][i]Originally posted by Dave Bryce:[/i] Any other Mac/IE guys having this problem?[/quote]My problem occurs while using IE (5.1) on a Mac as well. [quote][i]Originally posted by Dave Bryce:[/i] One other question - the Mac in question is still running 9.1 (happily, for the most part) - how about the rest of you?[/quote]I am also on OS 9.1. Best, Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Hold the phone, pholks! Sorry 'bout this, but we just got a notice this weekend that Info-Pop is doing (and has been for a week) some maintainance and upgrades to their service. This is causing the glitches in our normal (and comfortable) routine. These are likely to continue for another week. When you get done posting ... wait about 10 seconds ... and then click on the note that will take you back to the area you were in prior to posting. Your new message should be posted. Thanks, DJ

[quote]Originally posted by djarrett: [b]Hold the phone, pholks! Sorry 'bout this, but we just got a notice this weekend that Info-Pop is doing (and has been for a week) some maintainance and upgrades to their service. This is causing the glitches in our normal (and comfortable) routine. These are likely to continue for another week. When you get done posting ... wait about 10 seconds ... and then click on the note that will take you back to the area you were in prior to posting. Your new message should be posted. Thanks, DJ[/b][/quote]Excellent ! Thanks, Dendy ... :thu:

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

[quote]Originally posted by lliB_retsoF: [b] [quote]Originally posted by ViLo: [b] [quote]Originally posted by lliB_retsoF: [b]The same thing happens to me, also the spellchecker changes don't "take" when I post.[/b][/quote]Maybe we can blame Sadam! :eek: :evil: :evil: [/b][/quote]Wouldn't you rather blame Bush?[/b][/quote]Nah! I live in Texas, to close to Bush, Sadam is far away! :p :p

This SUCKS!!! The site doesn't work at home on my Mac OR my NT machine at the office. I've tried Netscape and IE in both cases to no avail. At the office, many pages come up empty after a minute, and I can't post at all. ATTENTION: WEBMASTER - you CHANGED SOMETHING about a week or two ago. Maybe it was a patch. Maybe it was some small enhancement that should NOT have had any impact. Well, it HAS. You're going to have to roll back the change, patch the bug, or give users of this site instructions on settings that will enable us to use it without problems.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Archived