Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nit-picking Forum request

At the top of each page of a multi-page thread, there's a thing that tells you what page you're on. For example:

MusicPlayer Forums » Keyboard Magazine Forums » The Keyboard Corner » NAMM 07: New Rhodes confirmed (apparently) (Page 5)

And right below that, a thing for selecting a different page:

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1 2 3 4 5

At the bottom of the page, there is the thing for selecting a different page, but nothing to tell you what page you're on. So, if I'm in the middle of a long thread, I have to scroll all the way to the top to see what page I'm on.

Would it be possible to add something at the bottom of each page to indicate what page you're on?

Nit-picking, I know, but it would make navigating long threads just a little bit easier...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the color difference between the current page and the links to the others is too subtle.

However, Floyd, you probably have to take this up with those that run ALL these boards, not just here in the keyboard department.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Originally posted by Sven Golly:

Well, there are 2 things:

1) The link for the page number you're on is inactive, so you can mouse over to see where you're at.

2) The URL will show the page number at the very end, just before the .html. :thu:

Just so's ya knows... :cool:

Yep, that's what I do.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Originally posted by kanker.:

The page number for the page you're on is black at the bottom.

Yes, but I agree with Joe Muscara, the color difference is too subtle.

Originally posted by Sven Golly:

Well, there are 2 things:

1) The link for the page number you're on is inactive, so you can mouse over to see where you're at.

Too much work...

2) The URL will show the page number at the very end, just before the .html. :thu:

Just so's ya knows... :cool:

That's a work-around - thanks, Sven.

I think a good solution would be that, at the bottom of the page, instead of this:

that it looked something like this:

(Page 5)

, similar to the top of the page

That seems to be a "feature" (bug?) of the new software. It displays the "thread starter" (me) as guestuser@guestuser.com, which is my 'username'. I think it should be displaying my 'display name' instead.

UPDATE: it turns out that for new topics, it does display "display name" next to the thread. Problem solved. Er, that is, problem not exist

Archived