Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Casio's new Privias (128-note poly!)

resigned

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Pro

still wont download but thats ok you have confirmed the weight...hoorayyyyy 12 kgs

...but the rythyms only 20 doesnt seem right as previous models have over 100...hopefully they have made a mistake.

As I do use these rythms to trial new songs I write to see how they fair in various styles...

it easy to instantly sing in a new style your 10 minute old song using the inbuilt boomchikka.

hopefully with 128 polyphony maybe sustain might be implemented to last longer?

and wow usb and a card...should be able to use the card to store Midifiles and not need a Midifile player for those gigs where you dont want to carry a lot of gear.cool

I guess no screen like the 700 but a digital readout.

sorry for 20 questions but Ive been awaiting this keyboard for a long time...going from my 300 and actually bypassing the 310 in anticipation [having expected the 310 to have 64 note polyphony].

Originally posted by AUSSIEKEYS:

As I do use these rythms to trial new songs I write to see how they fair in various styles...

it easy to instantly sing in a new style your 10 minute old song using the inbuilt boomchikka.

Since the PX-200 is GM-compatible and has 128 note polyphony, it's ready-made for Band In a Box! Then you can store them ditties on an SD card and go to work... :)

interesting concept.....if the keys can triger rythym loops from the card as the privia already does....in full mode...

but if that didnt then it would be a shame as a songwriting tool its invaluable to quickly listen to your newly writen song while playing on the fly...changing verses and chorus's at your mercy.

but good point Pro but I really dought they would add all these features and loose one they are known for....or perhaps they are listening to the fact there is a strong demand for pianos without the boomchikka.

My friend plays a Privia. I too, like Mike, had a bit of a bias about Casios, but those were easily put to rest when I heard how good his organ and piano sounds were. And for the money, it's a great deal.

BigJPatton, I share your frustration, having bought a PX-310 not quite a year ago, but what can you do?

Someone buying the PX-200 now will be similarly pissed when, one year from now, Casio will stun us with the new, improved PX-210!

Point is, be happy with the 310 for a good long while. I will--it's a fine axe, and I'll be happy playing the shit out of it for quite some time.

Besides, how do we KNOW the 200 is an improvement over our 310? Not sure that's the case.

But I AM wondering what happened to the ZPI sound source. That's tri-element, too. Is the AIF that much better?

Alcuin

Casio does have this unnerving habit of changing a few minor things on one model and then releasing it as new model. I bought my 3700 and shortly thereafter the 3800 came out and then a few months later with the 8000. But at least they do keep the previous models out too, so your board doesn't become totally extinct.

BD

"With the help of God and true friends I've come to realize, I still have two strong legs and even wings to fly" Gregg Allman from "Ain't Wastin Time No More"

Yes, Calvero's link provides the most detail and best pictures we've seen yet.

I hate to break the news to the guys with earlier Privia models but the new Privia PX-200 and PX-800 do appear to be a big leap forward in technology:

"The latest Privia offering, the PX-800 and PX-200, achieves a more natural grand piano sound with the "Triple Element AIF Sound Source,* which uses a filter circuit capable of better acoustic reproduction, as well as a high-performance touch detection system (256 steps, double the steps in previous models) for much more sensitive expression of musical dynamics. The maximum polyphony is 128 notes, four times higher than previous models, and the damper pedals no longer instantly cut off sound, for a more natural, lingering sound. The pianos basic performance has also been enhanced. Thanks to a large capacity waveform memory twice the size of previous models, they deliver highly realistic reproduction of grand piano sound. Moreover, their acoustic resonance system reproduces the harmonic effect of strings when damper pedals are used."

Can't wait to try one... :love:

http://www.casio-intl.com/emi/piano/privia/px200.html

http://www.casio-intl.com/emi/piano/privia/px800.html

Not exactly sure what this means in the small print:

Comes with score book, music stand, and CD-ROM*

* Includes USB driver (Supported Operating Systems: Windows® 98, 98SE, Me, 2000 Professional, XP Home Edition, and XP Professional) and SMF converter (Supported Operating Systems: Windows® 98SE, Me, XP Home Edition, and XP Professional). Mac OS not supported.

Does that mean the SMF converter doesn't have OSX support or that they don't offer an OSX USB driver or ???

I guess the bottom line is can you use the PX200 to play the loops in GarageBand or would you need a MIDI/USB interface?

John

GP sacred cow of the year: Jimmy Vaughan

Archived