Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: January is intense

ITGITC

I'm getting better and better at multi-tasking. But for me, this month started with a big bang and hasn't let up at all.

I'd explain it to you if I had the time. But I just wanted to check with you folks.

Are you...

Busier than a one-armed paper hanger in a hurricane?

Up to your ass in alligators and somebody forgot to drain the swamp?

Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest?

Busier than a one-eyed cat watching nine rat holes?

Busier than a three-legged cat trying to cover poop on a marble floor while having to go five miles for dirt?

Busier than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs?

Busier than a one-toothed man in a corn-on-the-cob eating contest?

Busier than a one-armed-pimp in a bitch-slapping contest?

Busier than a one-armed taxi driver with crabs?

Busier than a one-legged Riverdancer?

Busier than a a one-armed trombone player?

Yeah... me too. :rolleyes:

Tom

PS Confucious say: Man who pushes piano down mineshaft get A flat miner. :D

Thank you. I'll be hear through Thursday. :thu:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes. Music piling up between the christmas tree on one side and a full blown drum kit on the other, I forget the kid's last name to call him and get it out of here.. including a Hindemith violin sonata for a nervous adult student? That's painful.

No work, all play.

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Gas,

It's been quiet for me, thank God. Band is trying to make a demo CD so we can book more gigs. Our monthly engagement of 2006 expired. So it is a slow time for the Band.

Next week all hell breaks loose, though. That's when the wife starts teching yoga at a local college on Tuesday nights, and pursues her Bachelor's on Thursday nights. Friday nights she has dance rehearsal and every other Saturday afternoon, too.

Basically, I'm screwed until June. :)

Regards,

Joe

Not me. I quit the band partly to free up some time. I got to watch a movie with my wife this past weekend, and got to play with the kids more. It's been fun.

I'm just too much of a family man to be bothered with the late nights and afternoon practice of a band. Had my recent two-year run, and that's scratched that itch for now. Maybe when I'm 60 I'll head back out to local blues clubs only, but for now, I'm enjoying retirement from being a gigging musician.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Sorry Joe, I couldn't resist! :D

I'm sure you'll have a great 2007. Have fun!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

All I can say is there seems to be a bit of turn over and even maybe folding of some local bands. Not sure what it is but I like where I'm sitting right now.

Not so busy I can't find time for a beer with my buds. I can't say the same for GAS man though.

Come on Thomas... time for your exercises. I smell a beer feast brewing.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived