Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Music Store Hell (a compilation)

stepay

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't get it to play or download. Is this a Mac issue? It said "Error creating tmp file".

Certainly it must include:

Smoke On the Water (guitar)

Stairway To Heaven (G)

Heart and Soul (piano)

That annoying thing where you roll your knuckles on the black keys and play in F# and then Ebm over and over and over...

Wipe Out (drums)

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

This dbl post wasn't my fault. There was an error screen that said I the forum volume was too high and I should back up and try again in 10 seconds. Or something like that.

so there

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Great! we must have spent some time in the same guitar center. I'll swear I think some people practice that stuff just so they can play at the store - music store chops. :P

"I give you my word as a Spaniard" Darren, what a great avatar - that's one of my favorite movies of all time!

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

Originally posted by BluesKeys:

What song is this?......... is What You Won't Do For Love.

Oh yeah. Thanks. Eric answered that for me earlier and I forgot to take it down. I just did.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Originally posted by daviel:

Great! we must have spent some time in the same guitar center. I'll swear I think some people practice that stuff just so they can play at the store - music store chops. :P

Yep. Music store chops. I make sure to never play anything recognizable when I go into a music store. I'm sure the people who work there hear the same stuff played again and again.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

Originally posted by Darkon the Incandescent:

Get a PC.

Sorry, couldn't help myself :)

Darkon the Incandescent

From cd1981:

"By the way, misterdregs, it isn't a Mac thing...I could play it OK."

As they say in my country, "HA!"

Had it been a possible Windows issue, no doubt I'd have been in there suggesting you buy a Mac. :D

'Nuff said, let's not hijack this into another endless PC vs. Mac discussion/rant.

Probably my ISP. Any suggestions?

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

misterdregs

"It's people like you wot causes unrest!"

Sorry, just got sick of the "Get a Mac" stupidity on the board and thought I would post some of my own stupidity :)

It's an .mp3 if you follow through to the download page so that shouldn't be a problem...maybe a browser plugin problem?

Darkon the Incandescent

http://www.billheins.com/

Hail Vibrania!

Originally posted by mate_stubb:

Originally posted by Darren Landrum:

Looks like it's Double Posting Day here at Keyboard Corner! ;)

Look people, it's oh so simple!!

1. Type post.

2. Click "Add Reply"

3. Back AWAY from your keyboard!

4. Wait 30 minutes.

5. Enjoy your witty post.

Hm - I tried that and I still got a double post.

Double post, ain't no whipping post

it's gotta groove, that means the most....

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

I played in blues band for a while and we worked up a number called, "Saturday Afternoon in the Music Store." I would tell the audience about going to a music store on a Saturday and hearing the various things.

"First, I visited the drum room." - Our drummer would play the groove from "50 Ways To Leave Your Lover"

"Then, I walked by the basses." - Bass player plays the opening to the theme song from Barney Miller.

"Then, I visited the keyboards." - I play the opnening to "Green Onions."

"Of course, there is a section of guitars." The guitar player plays "Funk 49."

"I then stood in the middle of the store. Of course, it sounded like this." We all played our various parts at the same time with no regards to time or the other players.

If I do say so myself, it was pretty funny.

My band Thousand Houses: www.thousandhouses.com

Originally posted by Calumet:

I played in blues band for a while and we worked up a number called, "Saturday Afternoon in the Music Store." I would tell the audience about going to a music store on a Saturday and hearing the various things.

"First, I visited the drum room." - Our drummer would play the groove from "50 Ways To Leave Your Lover"

"Then, I walked by the basses." - Bass player plays the opening to the theme song from Barney Miller.

"Then, I visited the keyboards." - I play the opnening to "Green Onions."

"Of course, there is a section of guitars." The guitar player plays "Funk 49."

"I then stood in the middle of the store. Of course, it sounded like this." We all played our various parts at the same time with no regards to time or the other players.

If I do say so myself, it was pretty funny.

i might have to steal your idea mate, thanks.

In the keyboard room dude, you totally missed "The Entertainer" "Chopsticks", "The Knuckle Song" and of course "Heart and Soul" unless I completely zonked out there. Oh and the Peanuts theme (badly).

Also needed - "Damnit" by Blink 182

Any Tool song on Bass

"The Final Countdown"

"Runnin with the Devil" on bass

I'll have more for you soon. Some of these are before my time I think. Not that I don't know the songs, just never heard em in a music store.

OH! Add some phat beatz for the keyboard room at Guitar Center. Make sure they're coming from a keyboard I want to play too, and make sure they go on for 2 hours so I never get to sit down with that board....

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

Originally posted by Dick Ward (MP Hall of Fame Wannabe):

In the keyboard room dude, you totally missed "The Entertainer" "Chopsticks", "The Knuckle Song" and of course "Heart and Soul" unless I completely zonked out there. Oh and the Peanuts theme (badly).

Also needed - "Damnit" by Blink 182

Any Tool song on Bass

"The Final Countdown"

"Runnin with the Devil" on bass

I'll have more for you soon. Some of these are before my time I think. Not that I don't know the songs, just never heard em in a music store.

OH! Add some phat beatz for the keyboard room at Guitar Center. Make sure they're coming from a keyboard I want to play too, and make sure they go on for 2 hours so I never get to sit down with that board....

Good additions there Dick (some repeats that others said -- just mentioning so they know I saw their post too). I should add those. Perhaps I will.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

Originally posted by Dick Ward (MP Hall of Fame Wannabe):

This makes me long for the days when the "salesmen" in the music store would pass out headphones and/or controlled the volume by asking offenders to turn down. Also, they would not let one person tie up a board for 2 hours working on their demo. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived