Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

looking for piano/keyboard player

no drama

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by no drama:

I am looking for a piano/keyboard player.....

So are you looking for a piano and a keyboard player, or someone to play piano and/or keyboards. I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist.....

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Originally posted by Moonglow:

Originally posted by no drama:

I am looking for a piano/keyboard player.....

So are you looking for a piano and a keyboard player, or someone to play piano and/or keyboards. I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist.....
To me, the slash is an inclusive OR operator, meaning either piano or keyboard, or both.

OK, I'm a geek.

regards,

--kwgm

Originally posted by kwgm:

To me, the slash is an inclusive OR operator, meaning either piano or keyboard, or both.

OK, I'm a geek.

I tend to think of it more as an exclusive OR operator; whereas, I think of operand 1 and/or operand 2 as an inclusive OR.

Now, you've been officially geeked. :-)

Originally posted by cd1981:

Uh...I don't think the slash can ever mean an "and", can it Moonglow? It could be an inclusive o exclusive "or", but an "and"?

Damn, I'm a geek too :(

In electronic schematics, the slash means NOT, and is used when an over-bar cannot be displayed or entered. So, that would mean he wanted a "piano not keyboard" player. To take that further, NOT also means "inverted". So, maybe he wants an inverted piano player AND keyboard player, although the AND is not specified.

Geeks unite!!! :thu:

---------------

To B-3 or not to B-3, that is the question.

Originally posted by cd1981:

Uh...I don't think the slash can ever mean an "and", can it Moonglow? It could be an inclusive o exclusive "or", but an "and"?

Damn, I'm a geek too :(

I've always interpreted the slash as a utility conjunction, to indicate that either term is applicable..... I was just trying to be a smart ass in my initial response.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Archived