Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bought "pro" audio interface - but basic functionality is missing!

konaboy

Recently ditched my SoundBlasters and bought an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI card for my WinXP box.

Sounds great of course. But there are 2 problems, things that I have always taken for granted with my other soundcards when playing back audio files using winamp or iTunes.

1) Adjusting the volume in the M-audio control panel has no effect on the output. I tried several of the faders in their mixer but none have any effect. The only solution is to change the volume of the source program.

2) The volume keys on my Logitech multimedia keyboard no longer work,

Is this normal? I'm ever so slightly disgruntled that the new card is inferior in functionality to the cheapos... Thanks for any assistance.

hang out with me at woody piano shack

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by konaboy:

1) Adjusting the volume in the M-audio control panel has no effect on the output. I tried several of the faders in their mixer but none have any effect. The only solution is to change the volume of the source program.

2) The volume keys on my Logitech multimedia keyboard no longer work,

1) Is the send to the Volume set to pre-fader?

2)Logitec has nothing to do with M-audio, as far as I know. MA would have to write specific software to accomodate that specific keyboard.

Well I got the faders in the M-audio control panel to actually have an affect on the output volume.

the trick was to route through the monitor mix in the control panel instead of sending audio direct to the outputs.

still no joy with the multimedia keyboard though. i think the problem is there is no volume control in the task bar and this option is greyed-out, along with many others, in the windows sound options control panel.

hang out with me at woody piano shack

I like having my old crappy card for my windows sounds, and my 2496 for my DAW output. I still have an old pair of multimedia speakers set up on my old card, and the 2496 ins and outs to and from my outboard mixer.

This way if I'm mixing a quiet section or have my headphones up too loud I don't get killed by a random Windows DING!

I think it's impossible to make your multimedia keyboard control your M-AUDIO card. I have the same issue with a VAIO and M-AUDIO Firewire 410. Don't let it ruin your day.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Archived