Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Please help - no sound when connecting keyboard to computer

Snel79

I am an experienced piano/keyboard player but am new to connecting up my MIDI keyboard to my computer. Basically, I cannot seem to get my keyboard to sound through the speakers. I have connected the MIDI keyboard to the computer via the computer's USB port, using a Midisport Uno MIDI interface.

I have installed the driver software and am using the computer's in-built soundcard which is a Realtek ac-97 audio, and the software that came with my Roland Juno-d (Juno-D Editor). I have also tried the keyboard with Audacity but to no avail - I'm still not getting any sound through the speakers. I know it's not a problem with the speakers as they work with Media Player, etc. Please help - I know the answer may sound obvious to some of you, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks very much for the reply mate_stubb - much appreciated. I see where you're coming from. When I asked for advice in my local music store that said the Midisport Uno MIDI interface would suffice to play music but this kust connects directly from the computer's USB port to the MIDI jacks on the keyboard (ie there is no where to plug audio output into on the midi interface) Do you have any suggestions for a cheap and reliable audio interface I could buy which would allow me to do this.

Don't you have a sound card? Plug into the line ins on that. You will have to make sure that the internal computer mixer is set to play bag from the line in.

However, many intro audio interfaces also have MIDI. You are going to have to spend more money, but that UNO MIDI interface is likely to be excess to requirements.

Perhaps you can take it back and get some thing this M-audio unit instead.

Archived