Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

best organ controller for NI B4/Logic EVB3?

jimmymio

Hi: I was just reading the Nov. '04 Keyboard magazine B3 clone article. They have a short section on the EVB3, which they loved, and their last sentance said that the best way to improve it would be to buy a "controller that gives you a good physical playing experience".

I'm wondering if the Nord Electro would do this or would i be better off with one of the Ham/Korg/Roland dedicated clones. I'd prefer the electro because of its flexibility but I wonder if it lacks any important B3 features, besides the drawbars, that the others have.

Thanks, JP

1935 Mason & Hamlin Model A

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by kanker.:

The new organ controller from Doepfer has an EVB3 preset I believe (anyone?) - might be worth checking out.

I did see a fact sheet and i don't remember an EVB3 preset. It does look like a seious piece of hardware but it fails my portability test.

That electro is looking more impressive. Anyone use it with the evb3?

JP

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

It looks like a great board but i should have mentioned that i also perform and want something with onboard sounds. That's why Im interested in the electro/Hammond xk3/Korg CX3 or Roland VK.

Does anyone use any of these to control the B4 or Logic's EVB3?

JP

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

I use my Electro with NI B4 and it works perfectly. I think it's gonna work the same with EVB3 - with B4 you can adjust drawbars, chorus, percussion etc to the Electro's knobs without any problem.

good luck

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Dont have B4, but use some of the B's in Logic for recording. Friend of mine loves B4, so I may check that...

I use an ASR10 as a controller for B3 stuff, plus Ive got loads of great samples.

Tip # 312: When the band is about to move the B3, go to the bathroom...

Originally posted by yannis D:

I use my Electro with NI B4 and it works perfectly. I think it's gonna work the same with EVB3 - with B4 you can adjust drawbars, chorus, percussion etc to the Electro's knobs without any problem.

good luck

Thanks! This is what I was looking for.

JP

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

Archived