Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How do you check out gear that's not available locally ?

dejon

Do you order and return the item if it's not what you expected?

How do you get a dealer to send you things if you return items until you find what's right for you. It seems alot of the dealers have no hassel return policies but how often will they let you do this?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, it is very common to buy things, try them out and then return them if they are not the right size or color. Most places have 30 day return policies and they honor this policy. Another option is to simply resell something yourself if you don't like it.

I think there are a few things going on here. First is the fact that most people won't go thru the effort to return stuff, esp. if they have to pay to ship it back (this is sort of like why some companies prefer rebates over discounted prices, because they know not everyone will send in the rebate). Second, in order to compete with local stores, online music retailers have to do this and be as flexible as they reasonably can to keep you happy. Note that for instance, Sweetwater's return policy says, "within a fair amount of time from the shipping date (30 days or so)."

Lastly, my experience with Sweetwater's sales is that they work to make sure you get what's right for you in the first place. I've been dealing with them for several years, and the sales guy I started with is still there and who I've dealt with except for when he was on his honeymoon or he took time off. By talking with a sales person who gets to know you and understand what you're looking for, hopefully they will make sure you're getting what you want. Not having dealt with the other online/mail order retailers I can't say if they're like this as well.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived