Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT magicians

Dave Horne

I played a duo tonight (p+b), a corporate job and there was a magician present. We shared a dressing room and the guy spent a fair amount of time doing 'close up' magic - I had a private show as it were.

I'm not easily impressed but he was excellent. He did the coin bit where he starts with one coin and then there are two and then three ... and they really come out of nowhere ... and they disappear into thin air as well. I'm sitting one foot away from him and I can't see how it is being done. He also did the card bit where you pick out a card, write your name on it and it appears buried in his wallet. It really was amazing.

These are the classic tricks we've seen on TV and in person it really is ... magic.

For the Dutch guys, his name was Lodewijk de Widt.

He's a young guy and he's booked solid this month - that's all he does.

Impressive!

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I thought you weren't impressed by guys who say they can do telekinesis (like bending spoons just by thinking stuff). :)

Magicians are cool though. They sure know how to attract cute girls.

http://www.dirac.es/SEI/images/dc3.jpg

Originally posted by Cydonia:

And I thought you weren't impressed by guys who say they can do telekinesis (like bending spoons just by thinking stuff). :)

Magicians are cool though. They sure know how to attract cute girls.

Uri Geller does not admit that his spoon bending trick is a trick. He has been 'outed' by James Randi.

The kid I saw tonight was truly amazing. I googled his name and saw his web site. He is one of the top ten in the world in this sort of thing.

It's one thing to see this on TV and another thing is have it done next to you. If this kid (he's 29) were a stock, I'd invest all my money in him - he's that good.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

I used to do a bit of magic when I was younger, then it faded away as university etc took up my time.

I am wondering if it is even harder to make a decent living out of magic than out of being a musician.

alby

Archived