Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GAS Hell - lil' help?

Dave Bryce

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys.. :cool:

Originally posted by Pat Azzarello:

Does that monolithic Omnirax keyboard stand take up more or less room than the USS keyboard rack you had before. I tried to setup the USS in my studio, but it just wouldn't work for me

The new Omnirax thing is totally great.

It takes up about the same room as the USS stand, but it makes so much more efficient use of the space because of the racks in the base combined with the feature that the keyboards can be "put away" while still being turned on and plugged in.

The fact that it hides a ton of cables doesn't hurt, either... ;):D

I've had that USS stand in my studio for about 20 years - definitely about time to retire it.

Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

I'm sorry I didn't catch this thread when you were still looking for suggestions, but I do have one based on what I see from your photos: get your Mac off of the carpet! The likelihood of your motherboard getting fried from a static electricity shock is probably low, but do you really want to risk it? I bought a vented rack with a door for my G5. It keeps it off of the carpet and muffles fan noise as well. Just a thought...

...and a good one. I'll come up with some solution - thanks for the tip.

Also, for what it's worth, I'm a very happy Speck user. I have both an Xtramix and a pair of ASC EQs and I love what they've done for my signal path. It also helps that I use custom-made Canare cables with Neutrik plugs which I highly recommend.
Still haven't made a decision about the mixer. As far as snakes, most of mine are custom Neutrik/Canare as well.

By the way, did you decide to buy the Receptor ? I didn't notice one in your rack photos.
Haven't come to a decision on that yet either...but then again, I'm not in a hurry. As it is, besides getting comfortable wiht the new setup I have to learn to use the DM3200 and the V-Synth. I'm trying to avoid having to read too many manuals at the same time...

I haven't seen your setup since you bought the MacBeth M5 -- very drool-worthy! :D How are you liking it?
I absolutely adore it. :love:

You're more than welcome to come and check it out any time you want, of course.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I haven't seen your setup since you bought the MacBeth M5 -- very drool-worthy! :D How are you liking it?
I absolutely adore it. :love:

You're more than welcome to come and check it out any time you want, of course.

Thanks, Dave. I'll have to take you up on that sometime! :cool:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Archived