Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Could this be Spinal Tap's CX-3?

eric

I kinda doubt it, but there is a well-worn old school CX-3 on eBay with this:

http://i20.ebayimg.com/04/i/08/25/2c/21_1.JPG

Spinal Tap's Viv Savage did indeed use a CX-3 in the movie, if I remember correctly. Is it possible this could be 'the one?' :D

Actually not a terrible price either, if it is a piece of rock 'n' roll pop culture history.

Regards,

Eric

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eric:

I saw that same listing on eBay several days ago, and I thought it was funny that, because of a $1 sticker that was probably widely available back in the day (can you say "promo giveaway for the movie"), the eBay seller had the chutzpah to advertise this board as having been "used on a very well known tour" (although of course with "no guarantee claimed as to authenticity").

I may be wrong, but I certainly think you're right to "kinda doubt it."

Best,

Noah

I actually saw Spinal Tap in concert (with Les Claypool on bass for a couple songs) in the early 90s in San Francisco. Absolutely hilarious the whole way through. Nigel, David, and Derek were lowered to the stage with wires for the opening of the show and of course Derek got stuck halfway down. He wriggled around a bit and then finally gave up, triumphantly thrusted his fists in the air and he played his bass suspended in mid-air. My sides were hurting the next day because I laughed so much during that show.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Originally posted by eric:

I kinda doubt it, but there is a well-worn old school CX-3 on eBay with this:

http://i20.ebayimg.com/04/i/08/25/2c/21_1.JPG

Spinal Tap's Viv Savage did indeed use a CX-3 in the movie, if I remember correctly. Is it possible this could be 'the one?' :D

Regards,

Eric

For authenticity, I guess you could see if the Volume control goes to 11? ;)

regards,

--kwgm

Originally posted by Mark Zeger:

The scrapes on the case were caused by debris from Mick Shrimpton spontaneously combusting.

Are there any green stains?

NIGEL: Well, there was a little green globule on his drum seat.

DAVID: Like a stain, really.

NIGEL: More of a stain than a globule, actually, and...

DAVID: You know several...you know dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it?s just not really widely

reported.

NIGEL: Right.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Archived