Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vince Gill on Imus

David Loving

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I missed it. Have you caught him with AKUS. I think they're on a show called cross counry. It's being aired on CMT and MHD. I've watched it twice now and it stays on my dvr. Vince is a bad boy. The first time a saw him was in the mid 80's when he was opening for Reba. What a voice and he plays so well. On the cross country thing, he and Allison sound great together. On a lot of the tunes, Vince plays mandolin and fits right in with the group. AKUS is pretty amazing. Love 'em. John Hobbs plays keys with Vince often.

According to a post on the CMT website , this is the main band:

Gill will be backed by a core band made up of Jeff White, guitar and vocals; Billy Thomas, drum and vocals; Pete Wasner and John Hobbs, keyboards; Tom Britt, electric guitar; Michael Rhodes, bass; and Dawn Sears, background vocals.
Unfortunately I don't know either of those gentlemen well enough to say who's who. Where's Steve Nathan when you need him? ;):cool:

Originally posted by linwood:

On the cross country thing, he and Allison sound great together.

I am totally in love with Alison Krauss! I'm not a big Country music fan, but her voice just melts me! :love::love:

Artistically speaking of course - my wife is still the only woman for me. :)

Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

I am totally in love with Alison Krauss! I'm not a big Country music fan, but her voice just melts me!
Same here, she's a wonderful artist. I have a few of her recordings. Her cover of Todd Rundgren's "It Wouldn't Have Made Any Difference" is especially nice, since I'm a huge Todd fan.

I saw her recently on a show where they were doing a tribute to James Taylor, she did Carolina, it sounded like it was written for her.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I am totally in love with Alison Krauss!
I'm with you, kad. I buy their cd's and dvd's.Her tone is so pure and her pitch is so perfect and they all blend so well. I wanna come back as Jerry Douglas.

Originally posted by aditunes.com:

You mean the same Amy Grant who is Mrs. Gill?

Yes, but while this was going on she was married to her first husband and they were on the religious music stations all the time.......

Oh no, Bob just sent me into some surreal reality loop, I clicked his link and it took me back here so I clicked it again and again and again....... :)

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Archived