Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Geoff Grace, front and center please

Stephen Fortner

I want to extend major kudos to our own Geoff Grace, who I just threw into the deep end of the pool on a major Keyboard feature on digital pianos. Previously, Geoff had done a couple of half-page reviews, so this was a lot of work to take on. The resulting article, which I am now looking at in the December issue ("Domesticated Digitals"), simply would not have been possible without Geoff's musicality, attention to detail, and command of the English language.

Excellent, excellent work, Geoff. Glad to have you on the team. :thu::D

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Stephen Fortner:

I want to extend major kudos to our own Geoff Grace, who I just threw into the deep end of the pool on a major Keyboard feature on digital pianos. Previously, Geoff had done a couple of half-page reviews, so this was a lot of work to take on. The resulting article, which I am now looking at in the December issue ("Domesticated Digitals"), simply would not have been possible without Geoff's musicality, attention to detail, and command of the English language.

Excellent, excellent work, Geoff. Glad to have you on the team. :thu::D

Congrats Jeff. I'm looking forward to reading it. Its great to think I knew you as just Geoff from keyboard corner. I hope you remember us guys over here. :D

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Congrats, Geoff! (pssst, your fly is down) :P:D

Hey Steve, want a unique article for Keyboard? A few years back Geoff built a marimba from scratch! He documented the process on one of the music boards (I believe here) using the handle "Hank the Cave Peanut". That was most enjoyable to follow along, you might look into that as a possible article, I'd bet a lot of folks would enjoy that process. :thu:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Wow!

Thanks, Stephen, for your generous praise; and thank you all for your support I'm touched and honored!

It's been a lot of fun writing for Keyboard. Stephen has been a great help to me and really shown me the ropes. I couldn't have written this month's article without him. I can say from personal experience that Keyboard magazine is in excellent hands. :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Originally posted by Botch.:

A few years back Geoff built a marimba from scratch! He documented the process on one of the music boards (I believe here) using the handle "Hank the Cave Peanut". That was most enjoyable to follow along, you might look into that as a possible article, I'd bet a lot of folks would enjoy that process. :thu:

Sorry, Botch, that wasn't me. I used to post as soapbox, though.

I agree that building a marimba from scratch is impressive. :cool:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Great Geoff, I'm looking forward to reading it.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived