Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard L+R outs

cfaniani

Stereo question - I'm running a split on a Roland RD700 SX. Piano on the right, Bass on the left. Split at the C below middle C. If I run the Left and Right outs into separate channels on a Mackie 1202 and hard pan them, does most of the bass come out of the left side? I'm thinking about using different amplification/speaker combinations to handle the different outputs of the keyboard. In other words, a bigger woofer on the bass output side.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It entirely depends on your setup. If you're running a bass amp on one side, and a full-range amp on the other, and your setup is consistently split bass/piano (or bass/whatever), then you should separate them into discrete outputs.

Of course, if you're using a true stereo rig, then it doesn't make any sense to separate the outputs like this; you would do the discrete output if you're running a "dual mono" setup (for lack of a better description), consisting of a single point for your bass sound and a single point for your piano sound.

Another thing to consider - bass frequencies are omni directional. I would send the bass to both speakers and use the stereo effect for the higher frequencies though I would not pan anything hard left or hard right.

When all else fails, use your own ears and your own judgment.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

sure, you can do that.

In your set up, arrow to that bass 'part ', usually Lower 1 or Lower 2

on the screen

Press edit , see 6, part parameter, press enter, you will see the pan option, try R63.

Your mixer will have to hard left or hard right as well

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Archived