Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cat urinated on one of my gig bags - AGAIN...

Joe P

And I found out on the way to a gig. :mad: Awful! The first time the senile feline did it the bag was recoverable, but not this time. It was a little green gym bag that held my power strip, extensions and keyboard stand crosslinks. Luckily, I had a duplicate bag at home, but now I have to cover everything for fear that the incontinent animal will be inspired to do an encore performance. AND, since we have more than one cat and they always fight in a reckless smash-everything-in-sight kind of way, I fear for my kit when it is set up. :eek:

Anybody got any pet-related gear calamities they'd like to share, or am I the only sap that puts up with this bullshit? :)

Regards,

Joe

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your senile grandpa did that, you'd put him in a home, right? Perhaps it's time to have the cat put to sleep.

We have a cat who is 7 or 8 years old. I put the limit on her life at 400 Euros. If she ever needs an operation that 400 Euro limit will be my guiding point. (I haven't been forced to set a limit on my wife as we have excellent health insurance and her health is still good. :cool: )

Joe, you don't want to be known as the keyboard player who plays well but whose equipment smells like cat piss, do you?

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Joe,

Man that's a bad story. Fortunately for me I'm a dog person, and I've trained my dog to stay away from the area in the house where my keyboard is set up (I keep it covered when I'm not using it too). Now if only I could train her to quit ripping up the grass in the back yard looking for worms!

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Exercise some wisdom: Have the cat pissing in your wife's underwear drawer. She'll probably suggest the feline slaughter herself, and you can even fake complacency and say something like "yeah, I hate to do it, but you're right..." :D
"I'm ready to sing to the world. If you back me up". (Lennon to his bandmates, in an inspired definition of what it's all about).

Originally posted by Andre Lower:

Exercise some wisdom: Have the cat pissing in your wife's underwear drawer. She'll probably suggest the feline slaughter herself, and you can even fake complacency and say something like "yeah, I hate to do it, but you're right..." :D

Great post!

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Cats. :mad:

Yes. Many Christmases ago I purchased a hand-embroidered Christmas stocking for my wife. It was beautiful. No kidding. Oh... and it wasn't cheap. :rolleyes:

We were getting the decorations out of their storage boxes. I put that stocking on the living room coffee table.

I turned around for a millisecond and that cat jumped up on the table and let 'er rip, all over that Christmas stocking. Did I mention that it was hand-embroidered?

I dunno. Perhaps the animal was simply catatonic. :rolleyes:

Of course, I consider myself a reasonable man and would have done nothing except...

A few months earlier, that same cat jumped on the keys of my Fender Rhodes just to make its mark. Yup. He peeed all over the black and whites. (I'd call them 'ivories', but we all know that Ivory is a piece of software.) ;)

Needless to say, it was a catastrophy. :rolleyes:

Here in the great state of North Carolina, we are prone to hurricanes coming up the coast within most months of the year. This cat was actually an 'outdoor' cat. But, having a fondness for animals (and since I wasn't allowed to have animals as a kid - at least not any who could step a paw inside the house), I let the cat in every once in awhile.

Conveniently, a strong storm was headed our way and I felt that it was time for kitty to try out his hunting skills again. So I did what any self-respecting keyboard player with a urine-soaked Fender Rhodes would do, I opened the back door and let him out... possibly with a bit of a nudge from the toe of my Nike. :idea: ...except perhaps as something to hurl from a

...wait for it

...catapult. :eek:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Ah, yes, thanks for the laughs. You guys are all a bunch of sick F's. :)

Practically speaking, my father-in-law is a vet and lives & practices just down the hill a couple of hundred yards. Perhaps I can stage a commando raid to get the necessary poisons and conduct the operation myself. :cool:

No other pet/gear calamities out there in Keyboard Forum Land?

Regards,

Joe

Oh make it easy on yourselves put several cans of cat food out behind the Chinese restaurant and drop you cat off there. Just make sure it's not a place you get take out from.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

LOL :D those pics are funny.

I know anyone who is a parent (like me) Is not even going to get one of these.

It's bad enouogh I have to clean up the mess from my kids. Wiping a dog or cat's poop covered fur is not my idea of fun at all. Fugettaboutit.

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

Here's another idea, pee in your wifes underwear drawer yourself, and blame the cat.

As she's marching the disgusting creature out to the wood chipper, you casually place the new Victoria's Secret catalog on her pillow.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Originally posted by C.Bull:

Wiping a dog or cat's poop covered fur is not my idea of fun at all. Fugettaboutit.

Originally posted by linwood:

Would you be interested in selling it?

Originally posted by Joe P:

You guys are all a bunch of sick F's.

I rest my case your honor. :rolleyes:
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

now I have to cover everything for fear that the incontinent animal Regards,

Joe

Hmmmmm....the use of the word incontinent would imply that this cat cannot control the process of eliminating urine from its system.

It seems the cat is quite in control -- it is simply choosing to void on your gear. Perhaps it would like to hear more show tunes around the house? :D:D:cool:

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

My wife's cats won't cross crumpled-up aluminum foil so I use a barrier of it to keep them out of my studio. You might want to see if that works for you. It looks like something out a bad 1950's science fiction movie but it works.

Although, I'm keeping the underwear drawer idea in reserve.

Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. W. C. Fields

Joe P, was this cat pissed off because you would not let him/her sh*t, er, I mean sit in on your gig? :D:cool:

Pee Bag Ode

Went about my business,

serving as a utility case.

Along comes the senile feline,

Pisses in my face.

Well, now that I smell,

My gig has gone to hell.

But, life is really a b*tch,

'cause I'm stuck,

With this stench in my stitch.

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

We had a Cat that urinated on the amp for our TV system. That amp was really temperamental after that.

I find the best way to avoid this type of things with cats, especially male ones, is to spay/neuter them early. All of the cats we have had from kittens and spayed early have never had done this sort of thing. The feline guilty of the above mentioned incident was a rescue from the pound.

Another good thing to try is keep a water bottle with a spray nozzle near the objects you want to protect. If they try to get too close, squirt um. Soon they begin to fear the bottle it's self with out you actually spraying it. Cats catch on to the idea behind sharp streams of water really fast.

GIGO

Joe, you did write .... AGAIN re the bladder problem of your cat. That reminded me of the adage, fool me once ..... .... shame on ...... uh, ....

I figured the first time was an isolated incident, but then again every Sunday morning I say "I'm never gonna drink again and this time I mean it!". I'll try the foil and check out the link. Unfortunately, the water squirt bottle technique reached a point of diminishing returns, but maybe I'll revive it with a different liquid. Toluene or something.

Maybe it IS time for drastic measures, like trapping the cat in a well dug in the basement and demanding that it "rub the lotion on its body or else it gets the hose again."

Gas, thanks for the homage. ;)

Regards,

Joe

B3,

I hear ya, but if I did that with say, a 22 with a 10 round clip, the next 9 rounds would end up in me, with Wife disposing of my body in the garden compost. :)

Regards,

Joe

I your wife is more attached to a cat than she is to your gear, then her priorities are EXTREMELY screwed up. Get rid of both of em.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Back in college I left my B3 (well, really a B2) in the practice room in my guitarist's apartment, covered with the quilt I used when moving it to gigs. The guitarist's cat pee'd on the quilt. Even many washings could not get rid of that smell. On damp nights, in the van on the way home from a gig, you could smell it plain as day.

acctjm

Archived