Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland RD-700SX card SRX-7 Check it out!

Doran

Hi!I've owned my RD-700SX for over a year,and just reread the manual which was a good idea.

I want to pass some stuff on. First- try out the SRX-7 card, Ultimate Keys. Made with Spectrasonics it features the best B-3 sounds I've heard. Plus "Legends of Bass" and Synths, Clavs, it's the best. I tried out SRX-11 and the EP and Clav were a little better, but SRX 7 has 500 patches....compared to 80 for SRX 11.. If you try out the card use the "VK Rotary" effect #22for your Hammond patches. I want to say more about the SRX 7. I just lucked out, the store I bought at has a return policy, so I tried out all the cards they had. The Hammond sound sold me on SRX 7, I had a B3 back in the day, and thou I had been happy with my Korg Triton Hammond sound (traded it)when I heard the SRX B3, I said- "that's it". Wow. Fav's -Full Perk SRX, PerkSoft3rd, Perk Normal3rd, then some patchs have fast Leslie speed. As I mentioned above use the "22 VK Rotary" effect on the Hammond, it's a better leslie effect, I might have speed up the fast speed. Perfect. The bass samples come from "Spectrasonics - Legends of Bass CD rom" .I've heard them on a computer, there even better on the RD. And check this, theres 60 Hammond patches, 50 bass guitar patches, etc with synth leads (Good) and pads, good clavs.I seldom use any of the RD sounds except for "Superior Grand" which completely like. SRX-7 has a total of 475 patches, and 10 drum kits. But if you need that 1 killer EP....who knows, I still have one slot left for SRX 11. Later

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi buddy. :wave:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/video/images/muze/dvd/sm/15/154815.jpg

What an intro to the forum. Well, suffice to say, you are impressed with the SRX cards.

In a search, you will find that several folks here like them too. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Yes, welcome to the forum, and I'm happy you're happy with your choice of SRX card.

As previously mentioned, there are some here who will disagree with your assessment of the quality of the B3 sounds, and other tones on that card... just as there will be those who agree with you. It is what it is. ;)

Now, as a public service, if you look at your keyboard, find the "J" key... now slowly move to the right, past K, then L, then a couple of punctuation keys... then, at the end of the row, is a larger key. It might say "Enter", or "Return", or just have an arrow symbol on it.

Try it out... you might like it. ;)

At the very least, it'll make your posts a little easier for us to read... and that can only be a good thing. :thu:

I sold my SRX-07 and replaced it with the SRX-11 Piano and SRX12 Rhodes. The RSX 12 Rhodes is way beter than the poor Rhodes on the SRX-07. There are so many waveforms jammed into the SRX-07 that they sounded lackluster and compressed to me. The organs seemed no different than the old 60's & 70's JV Expansion board organs and the Rhoded, Wurlitzer and Clav were weak. I didn't really need a bunch of JV series analog synth sounds. The basses are the only thing I miss from the SRX-07.

Find 600 of my jazz piano arrangements and tutorials for educational purposes at patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

I agree that the B3/Leslie organs in SRJV-08/SRX-07 totally rule! And yeah... anyone trying the SRX version out should switch the Leslie effect from "Rotary" (the old one that the presets default to for compatability reasons... it's an old card) to "VK". VK is much better but darker, so what I've found works is lowering the woofer level to almost half the tweeter level and adding some additional treble on the effect EQ. And Maxxing out stereo spread. But I'm using this live and need the additional cut.

If your RD-700Sx will let you put two MFX effects in series like on Fantoms, try putting the guitar amp sim first and then VK, Doran. This is a great versatile COSM tube amp sim, and can add warmth, or really make your leads scream. I like the JC-120 model best for organs.

Well, that was interesting! Thanks for the response. I wonder if the SRX 7 sounds the same out of a XV-2020 as it does out of my RD-700SX?

Now, where's that enter key...hmmm, just right of the J.(thankz Sven)

Hey Bill! Someone else likes the SRX-7 B3/Lelsie! Thank God, I was about to get my ears checked. Yes, that worked in series. I hadn't tried the Amp Sim at all, just reg. distortion etc. The JC-120 was the best. Please pass along more effects tips.

Thankz Doran

Delving into the COSM guitar amp sim on newer Rolands is my best effects tip. I've got an absolutely screamin' three saw osc Mini-style lead by running it through the 1959II Marshall Stack sim. The mic placement sounds best in the middle of the cabinet, off-axis of any of the 12" speakers. This is just an amazing sim, and it's all too easy to noodle away hours and hours messing around with it.

Archived