Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard controller for soft synths

Xenophile

I need a good controller to stay at home with my soft synths. I like all the knobs and sliders on the M-Audio Keystation 88-pro, but I've read a lot of comments about flimsy action and constructions... plus I want aftertouch.

I started looking at the Studiologic VMK-188... but the dealers now have it marked as discontinued, but the Fatar/Studiologic website still shows it as their "flagship." Anyone know anything about that?

How about this CME UF8. Any opinions?

Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do a search on CME to see the varied opinions of these "controllers" ... good luck finding Studiologic gear in the U.S. ... but again, a search will turn up lots of discussion on the VMK series (mostly speculation, given that very few people have actually laid hands on one, outside of perhaps the folks at Keyboard itself).

You may want to consider the weighted Pro Keys board by M Audio. Has decent action and some useable sounds to boot. The reason I mention is not because its the best option, but because it can be had at a decent price and you may prefer it to the CME UF8.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Archived