Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT-You ever been sick? Have any remedies?

I'm sick. What did you do while you were sick? Sorry if this sounds selfish. Although, a few remedies may be of help. OK, I have: sore throat, fever, painful stomach, bad headache, stuffy/snotty nose, weakness Although, I'm good enough to type this in, so......................... JDL, again, sorry if this sounds selfish, but I have to turn to the "elder" people to get remedies.(no offense)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
really it depends. and i don't mean the diapers. well, unless you need them! fwiw, my wife swears by burning it out with mucho tequilla. i'm too much of a pussy to do that, but i have played gigs with a 103 degree fever, and actually felt better afterwards from sweating everything out... -d. gauss

I'll hunt down every box and bottle of over-the-counter medicine that claims to handle one or more of the symptoms you've described. I'll then take one(or two)of each. Whatever doesn't fall out of my by then full hand. I can't be sure, after that, if I feel better, or simply don't notice! Whitefang
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

raw pineapple- the best thing for sore throats onions- can totally break up your conjestion- be prepared to cry thuogh... you just need to cut it in half and huff it. I've had ok success w/ echinacea and goldenseal as well.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

I second the motion on garlic; excellent healing herb. Also, beef up on your vitamin C's; take extra healthy doses while you're under the weather. Capsicum, found inside of cayenne peppers helps to burn away infections in a natural way. And if you are not sensitive to aspirin products; just plain old aspirin will serve as an anti-inflamatory. Heck with Tylenol, and Advil for breaking fevers; aspirin is the ONLY thing that works for me when fevers are involved. You don't even have to buy Bayer, some cheapo generic brand does the trick.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Excerciese! It will suck since your already pretty sick, but it gets the blood/adrenaline flowing, which jumpstarts your system, all the sweating and drinking fluids and releasing fluids also gets the germs out of your system faster. Its kinda late for you this time, I find excercise is good for keeping yourself from getting sick when you feel in coming on.

Wow! a Coonan .357. What a great pistol! I haven't seen a picture of one of those in years. (The recoil is a bit of a bitch, though...) ..Joe
Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

[quote]Originally posted by joegerardi: [b]Wow! a Coonan .357. What a great pistol! I haven't seen a picture of one of those in years. (The recoil is a bit of a bitch, though...) ..Joe[/b][/quote]Is it one of those semi-autos that rips the crap out of the web between your thumb and forefinger?
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

A psychiatrist friend of mine who spent several years living in Jamaica swears by the traditional Jamaican cold remedy. half a tumbler of rum mixed with half a tumbler of marijuana tea. I think the theory is that by the time you regain consciousness, the fever has had an opportunity to run its course. George

Right now my sweetie has strep throat. I've definately been exposed to it but haven't got it (fingers crossed, knocking on wood). I'm taking extra doses of time release vitamin C. I agree with Anifa that aspirin is the only thing that seems to help me with headache and fevor. Plus, tylenol type drugs can rot your liver in short time if you drink regularly.

[quote]Originally posted by Botch.: [b]If you're not too sick to travel, go to a Thai restaurant and order a big bowl of soup with lots of crushed red chilis floating in it. I'm serious. :o :thu: [/b][/quote]10 pts. I've yet to catch this plague that is going around - I think I'm the *only* person I know that hasn't had it yet... and today, just an hour or so ago, I found myself sitting in a room with a kid who starts hacking away after he'd been in the room for 15 minutes... ME: "so.... do you have the plague?" STUDENT: "well, my parents had it but I think I'm just now getting it" ME: "Greaaaaaaat...." Then my 6:30 had been out for the past 2 weeks with it, he walks in sniffling and hacking.. So, I'm eating a bowl of pad thai tofu, sweating a bit. If the virus is transmitted in sweat perhaps getting it out of the system quickly helps. Lots of water. Forgot to take my 250mg of esther C this morning, just took it with some E, fingers crossed. The plague seems to still be hanging tough around here, half my students are out with it and seems like at least half of who I know have it and the rest have already had it. Seems to be two varients: A) high fever, debilitating aches B) high fever, projectile vomiting I'll take A over B, but I'd prefer to JUST NOT GET IT AT ALL. This is so absurd, the CDC hasn't said anything, it's killed people in rest homes, and it's probably impacting business around here.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

[quote]Originally posted by Botch.: [b]If you're not too sick to travel, go to a Thai restaurant and order a big bowl of soup with lots of crushed red chilis floating in it. I'm serious. :o :thu: [/b][/quote]Capsicum is present in the chili peppers. If you are not one that can tolerate the "HOT" taste of peppers, they make capsicum in the form of a vitamin capsule. It's found under the name of Cayenne or Capsicum. It's kind of funny because, although you can't taste it, you always know where the capsule lodges and dissolves in your intestinal track. There is a slight burning sensation for a minute. Capsicum is also known for speeding up your metabolism.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

[quote]Originally posted by GeorgeVW: [b]A psychiatrist friend of mine who spent several years living in Jamaica swears by the traditional Jamaican cold remedy. half a tumbler of rum mixed with half a tumbler of marijuana tea. I think the theory is that by the time you regain consciousness, the fever has had an opportunity to run its course. George[/b][/quote]I think I'm feeling a little ill myself... :D

Archived