Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Day After Shopping

SilverDragonSoun

Did anyone brave the crowds to go shopping today? I did and was surprised how easily I got in and out of stores. While there was alot of people, the organization was very efficient.

Secondly do you think the music stores (major chains) should join this whole day after frenzy and offer better than normal sales?

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would make sense for major music stores to take advantage of 'Black Friday' (shopping day after Thanksgiving).

The biggest store in the area NEVER has a sale and moves a ton of merchandise.

Guess the local Guitar Centers feel it is enough to keep the store open 2 extra hours per day during the holiday season.

When it comes to musicians, they know how GAS works. We are going to buy what we want/need regardless of a sale. ;):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I braved the crowds. I got up at 5:00 a.m. to visit my local Home Depot for a great buy on a shop vac. It retailed for $70.00 and I got it for $27.00. The crowds were above average for their 'normal time' 6:00 a.m. opening but nothing really out of the ordinary. I was in and out in 5 minutes. I then proceeded to a major clothing retailer but soon discovered that the lines were around the corner at the check out stands with about a 30 minute to 1 hour wait just to check out. I shrugged my shoulders and left without purchasing anything. :cry:
Mike

I headed out this morning largely because I'd never done the "Black Friday" thing and wanted to see what it was like. I passed by a local Best Buy (but didn't go in) and saw huge numbers of cars. I did hit my local Guitar Center, which was running the same 10% sale from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. that Keynote mentioned, but I thought it was kind of funny frankly, since I can usually negotiate with those guys for a better discount than that on just a normal day. (In fact, I was talking to a salesman today about a Hammond XK-1, which normally retails for $1495, and he told me that he could do it for $1300 -- today or any other day. I passed today, but I may be going back soon. That seemed like a reasonable price to me.)

Noah

Archived