Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil SP 88 parts

supercell

Hello,

I have recently had a sensitivity problem with one of my keys on my Kurzweil SP88. I have taken the keyboard apart and it looks as though I need to replace one of two circuit boards that lay directly under the keys themselves. The one circuit board that lays beneath the key I am having problems with has the following numbers on it: Sticker on circuit board: 42912521, 26350, 129DF, 52//99. On the circuit board itself: 499-841. I would like to find a location where in which I can order this part and replace it. Does anyone know who would sell this part to me? I am currently surfing the web for part resellers and, so far, have found nothing. Any links and/or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dude !!!!! wait dont go there... ive worked on all kindsa boards and with one exception (some milky alcohol drink was spilt months before it got to me)i've never had to replace a board for that... clean the rubber switches and the switch contacts(on the board) with alcohol... not drinking or rubbing... get it from the paint store...
"style is determined not by what you can play but what you cant...." dave brubeck

I actually gently pulled on the rubber contact with a pair of needle-nose pliers and it actually fixed the problem. Not sure how long it will last, but it is certainly better than where it was before. Thanks for the suggestion. At the time I hadn't pulled the key off, therefore I did not see the contact. I only saw the circuit board underneath the keys.

do yourself a favor anf go ahead and clean them while it's open.... one othertrick... as these things do wear over time i ilke to move the ones from the center to the outsides etc... you know high traffic to low.... that sorta thing...
"style is determined not by what you can play but what you cant...." dave brubeck

Archived