Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

LA Woman by The Doors -- Lyrics at the beginning?

stepay

Man I love this song, but what the h*ll is Morrison singing at the beginning?

Here's what I've found on the internet:

"Well, I just got into town about an hour ago"

I've listened several times, and it sounds nothing like that.

More like:

"Well I diga duga down about an hour ago."

???

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I guess we'll just decide what to sing there and do it. If someone comes up to me and says, "No, it's 'diga duga down'", then I'll give them $5.

If the band stays together that is. Maybe I'll start another thread about that.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Originally posted by Bridog6996:

I think he IS saying "I just got into town".

Just add a lack of enunciation/mumbling. And loads of whiskey, as daviel pointed out.

Now THERE'S an idea for a voice-effects unit:

The "Jim M." Box. It instantly adds a lack of enunciation, slurring of words, and just the right amount of "WIN" **(Whiskey Intoxication Noise) for that authentic Doors sound.

**(Whisky Intoxication Noise, or WIN technology, patent pending, 2006, MojoRisin, Inc. All rights reserved.)

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

Originally posted by mate_stubb:

"In a gadda da vida honey

don't you know that I love you"

Rumor has it that the intent was that is was supposed to be In a Garden of Eden. But in a drunken (or other substance abused) state it came out as In Gadda Da Vida. Can anyone substantiate that?

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

Rumor has it that the intent was that is was supposed to be In a Garden of Eden. But in a drunken (or other substance abused) state it came out as In Gadda Da Vida. Can anyone substantiate that?
yes i have heard the same thing- it was the garden of eden but then in a drunken state the vocalist slurred it all up, and the band stuck with it

I played this song live (the long version) in my high school bands when that song was current.

Years later I actually gigged with "Iron Butterfly". At least that's who they were touring as. Let's just say several patrons left demanding their money back and threatening to come back with guns after not receiving it. None of the original musicians, none who had even played with the original musicians.

Moe

---

Well, considering that they all forgot the tape was rolling two minutes in and started making farting noises with their instruments for 11 minutes, that wouldn't surprise me... :D

Yes, it's true. In its development stage the keyboard player, Doug Ingle, told the drummer the title of the song while he was feeling no pain - the drummer wrote down his slurred annunciation. The next morning Doug was dried out and quite embarrassed at his performance, but the title stuck.

Archived