Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

advertising, anyone here do it?

Dave Horne

I just signed a contract for 12 monthly ads in the Horeca Bulletin (HOtel REstaurant CAfé) for my area. I figure if I get only three extra jobs those ads will pay for themselves. (I also get two free articles with photos.)

Most of my work come from two sources. I'm averaging one job a week at the moment and it would be nice to occasionally play two jobs in a day or in a weekend. When I lived in the US I kept several other piano players busy by giving them my double bookings; there's just less work for me over here and I'm just trying to pick up more. So, anyone here ever advertise?

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never had any results from mass ads (newspapers etc.) but I've done well with targetted advertising. Specifically I watch the want ads in the local F&B help wanted section for the fax numbers of area restaurants, hotels and catering services (my main clients as a pianist). I fax a brief one-page ad for my services that mentions my website and where I'm currently playing. I also look for email addresses and I have a nice form email I can send. Besides the restaurants and hotels I also send fax or email to wedding consultants, various clubs and associations, etc.

This approach costs nothing and my name & number often goes directly to the right people. FWIW

Archived