Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help for weak output?

steinwaym

I have a Kurzweil ME-1 that has very poor volume output. I have tried the headphone jack and have noticed no improvement. I would like to use the ME1 for small gigs, but the low output is very prohibitive. I don't want to have to bring my mixer along to boost the output, as that would defeat the putpose of having a quick set up.

I thought I remembered in Keyboard Magazine some months ago a product was featured in the "new product spotlight" that was a plug designed to boost output. I think it was primarily for guitars, but it was mentioned in Keyboard, so it would work for keys as well. Does anyone remember this?

Any ideas?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mate_stubb:

That's weird. Outputs should be low impedance, inputs high impedance.

Clarification:

The outputs are low impedance, as stated in the manual, 1000 ohms L & R(stereo), 500 ohms L/mono - expecting to see a high impedance load.

I have no idea why +15dBu isn't enough to provide a sufficient gain. That's the same level as my PC2X and it's got plenty of volume.

Have you tried resetting the unit? Perhaps there's a global MIDI volume that got turned down by mistake. But that's a long shot.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived