Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Living with Michael Jackson

No not one of the crazy things I did during my American adventures, but a TV show due to be screened in the US tomorrow night (Thursday) It was shown here on Monday, everyone is talking about it, its filling the newspapers and is still one of the main items on the TV news shows. It is very insightful and revealing. By the end I didnt know whether to sympathise with the guy or lock up the freak. So this is my tip off - If you wanna know what everyone is talking about, watch it for yourself so you actually get the story and not just the dramatic headlines. John Scotsman

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahhhh….I guess that is going to be a return to "Unreality TV"... :p I hate to say it...but I get the feeling that MJ will turn his life into a total freak show... ...a Jerry Springer-meets-Groundhog Day kind of unreality. Best thing MJ could do is either lock himself in a studio and just keep making music...or retire permanently to his estate and to a Garbo. The more he gets in the public eye and tries to "explain" himself...the more of a weirdo he'll become... ...sad...sad. Me...I just can't stand to look at him when there are up-close shots...he has become totally grotesque. :eek:

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

The humor columnist Dave Barry does a "year in review" every year. In whatever year it was that MJ did that Oprah special, Dave Barry wrote something like: "And Michael Jackson went on national television to tell us that he had a rare skin disease, and would be returning to his home planet for treatment." That about sums it up, IMO. :D --Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

I just don't trust him. I can't trust any man that wears one glove and sings "Beat It." ..Joe
Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

I've seen it twice and It's a sad story, I really felt for Jackson when he talked about his childhood. As for everything else, I really can't even begin to judge the guy, I can't imagine what the guy has been through in his life and I can't begin to imagine his wealth and power but also his sense of isolation and loneliness. Unless he's committed a crime I refuse to condemn the guy, I think I'm in the minority in doing this.
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]I've seen it twice and It's a sad story, I really felt for Jackson when he talked about his childhood. As for everything else, I really can't even begin to judge the guy, I can't imagine what the guy has been through in his life and I can't begin to imagine his wealth and power but also his sense of isolation and loneliness. Unless he's committed a crime I refuse to condemn the guy, I think I'm in the minority in doing this.[/b][/quote]:cry: :cry: I agree in principle that we don't know & should limit speculation about others but... While there's something to be said for giving people a bit if slack for what their childhood may've been like, I don't think Mike's was as bad as a lot of people's. His isolation is of his own making & while I won't pretend to know what makes him tick (like a time bomb?), I do recall that up until the late-1980s-or-so he seemed to be a very stable, intelligent young man. What happened? Who knows, but there's no way he can be considered anything but a mess now. Maybe he [i]is[/i] the "Kink of Pop"(Elvis stylee)! Maybe he's schizophrenic, that often developes in people's late 20s/early 30s. & as far as crime, he reportedly still has teenage boys sleeping in his bed...do they engage in sex? Again, "who knows?"---but why would an adult, especially given the trouble he's had in this regard, [i]do[/i] that?!

[quote]Originally posted by Michael Jackson's real nose: [b]there's something to be said for giving people a bit if slack for what their childhood may've been like, Maybe he's schizophrenic, [/b][/quote]Dunno, I guess no-one [i]really[/i] knows. He must have some sort of mental illness though. His "childhood," as in the lack of it and the way his father abused him is no doubt a major factor in the way he is today. The reason I started this thread is because come Friday everyone will have their own opinion, yet the majority of people commenting wont have actually watched the show. See what you think. Sylver - if I dont e-mail ya tomorrow I will next week. I'm in Glasgow for the weekend :thu:

[quote]Originally posted by Rick Kreuzer: [b]He said he had a surgury on his nose so that he could hit the higher notes. Could someone please explain this to me? Rick[/b][/quote]That´s wrong. He got surgery on his nose so he could hit the middle C.

I saw it last night and was quite saddened by it. He's such a child inside....as if he hasn't moved past 10 years old mentally. Anyway, now he wants to sue for misrepresentation? How on earth does he expect to win that one?

Glenn Halldorson

Premiere Radio Networks

I watched it. I found it deeply disturbing. So many things about him and his life are just plain wrong. Here's how I see it. The man is 44 years old and has more money than he knows what to do with. At this point, he can't blame anyone but himself for his problems. I feel very badly for his children. Maybe he should take some of that money and use it to get himself some serious psychological help. I bet if the interview had been released as a DVD, it probably would have sold more copies than his last album. The saddest part is that this would probably upset Michael more than his messed up life.

The Smoking Gun found the court affadavits from the kid that accused him of molestation back in '93. Dunno if it's true or not, but it is interesting, albeit disturbing, reading... [url=http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/mjdec1.html]Smoking Gun[/url]
Andrew Mazzocchi

[quote]Originally posted by SteveRB: [b]Michael's idea of a perfect 10 is two 5-years olds.[/b][/quote]:rolleyes: Supposed to be funny?
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

I saw most of it. I just kept thinking; 'what a freakshow.' The amusement park is really strange although I would love to have the go-cart track. When he was walking through that store and paying 250 large for garish Elvis looking crap I could only think that if I had his budjet, mercenary and elderly and a few other stores would be really happy. Am I the only one who doesn't think his genes changed when he painted himself white and changed his own features? Those kids did not look like his, even through the masks. Those stories were just plain weird. Sheshhh, it just goes to prove that money doesn't buy happiness. I'll take my meager lifestyle (and life) over his any day.

I still can't figure out if I'm sad or angry or full of admiration after watching that show. MJ is either a totally whacked out man, a marketing genius, or a lost little boy in a man's body. I'm inclined to think the latter which makes me sad. He has been so insulated and isolated from the real world for his entire life that he has absolutely no concept of it. The fact that he went out on a $6 million shopping spree just for the heck of it begs the question: What if his money runs out? He doesn't seem to have a clue as to his own worth and if he's as out-there as he seems, he's probably getting raped by his management. OTOH, the whole thing could really be an act and he; a marketing genius. As he stated in the show, he wants to model his life after PT Barnum and create a freak show persona that will always generate publicity and money. And let's face it, stores have been reportedly selling out of Michael Jackson CDs since this thing began airing. The thing that makes me angry is the life those poor kids are faced with. He treats them as toys. He even said that one of the mothers gave them to him as a gift.

i'd say hold up for a few weeks until more dirt comes out about the whole thing. yes, MJ is and always has been a freak. but he's a SMART freak. however, martin b. (the interviewer) is no saint and MJ has admitted to planting stories in the tabloids about himself over the years (those weird monkey itmes come to mind). there's no such thing as bad publicity right? having spent many years working in tabloid television, i find it very hard to believe that wacko jacko didn't cut a sweet deal with granada television to make this thing as he wished. "behind the music" works much the same way. has-been stars agree to "confess" a little bit for the cameras in exchange for the increase in back catalog sales that always occurs after such an airing. fyi, MJ's greatest hits i believe is back in the top 10 after monday's airing of the show in england..... we'll see what happens in the u.s. -d. gauss

Before watching this show I would always give MJ the benefit of the doubt. Now, I'm not so convinced. The guy is truly sick, and sadly, he will probably never get treatment since he surrounds himself with people who won't/can't criticize him. The fact that he can't even begin to grasp why people don't approve of him sleeping with other peoples' children should raise some eyebrows. The guy is 45 and if he is *truly* as childish as he makes himself out to be than he has some serious issues. I'm all for having a youthful spirit and loving children, but you have to draw a line somewhere.

My cousin and I had a conversation about MJ spawned by the special. Our observation is that if you put MJ in Lord of the Rings, like Gollum, he held on to the Ring of Power much too long. I agree with Rog on my feelings towards the guy, tho.

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

[quote]Originally posted by d gauss: [b]i find it very hard to believe that wacko jacko didn't cut a sweet deal with granada television to make this thing as he wished. [/b][/quote]I haven't heard anything about the documentary being made in a less than objective way. I think I'd have heard a few whipsers by now if it had; this is a small country and news travels fast in this line of work :)

I felt the show was biased in trying to paint him as a whacko when he's obvoiusly just fucked up from a surreal life. The fact that he is reliving his childhood and doesn't want to grow up is classic psychology for a person who didn't get much of a childhood......All in all, I don't think he would ever harm a child and I really just feel sorry for the guy. In my view he needs someone to convince him to get into some serious therapy...Poor Guy.

Sean Michael Mormelo

www.seanmmormelo.com

Archived