Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moog Voyager vs The Little Phatty

Ironstorm

Hi I have a new Moog Little Fatty this is a great synth. But I was wondering if I trade this in for the Minimoog Voyager with the full upgrade that Moog offers will I get the same sounds I get from the LF plus more. In other words will I get more for my money???

Thanks

Ironstorm

Alembic SC Standard slim neck taper

Warrior Signature fretless

G&L L2000 Spalt top w/Maple fretboard

Ibanez SR500

Genz-Benz Neo-Pak 3.5

Two Genz-Benz Neox 1x12T cabs

Genz-Benz XB2 4x10 cab

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long have you had your Little Phatty? If longer than four hours, please contact your physician. Old joke.

Really, now, are you cool with the controls? What are you wanting to do? Do you want more specs or, according to your research, does the Voyager do something the LP does not? Have you found the LP lacking and has this manufacturer omission in some way stunted your music?

The LP looks like the grandbaby of the ROGUE with a little SOURCE thrown in....

chip

What's the price delta? I couldn't find the upgrade at the Moog site. I would say the Little Phatty gets you maybe 80% or what the Minimoog will get you, practically speaking. Sure the third osc is nice, but for bass sounds too much movement is often not desirable.

Note: I own a Voyager and have owned several Minis in the past. I think the Little Fatty is really cool.

Busch.

Hi I have had the LP for a few weeks and have been playing with it for a few hours a day. I do like it very much easy to use and great bass sounds. I am useing it like Taurus pedals I have a set of Roland pk5 pedals hooked to it I am a bass player but what I cant seem to do is get a high enough sound out of the 2nd osc overlaping the very low bass Taurus sound I have on the 1st osc. I am looking for that Rush Exit Stage Left sound Geddy Lee gets with his bass pedals. I know he is useing a minimoog is that giving him the high low combination or is it the Taurus pedals and the Oberhiem OB-1 thats giving him that sound. He seems to use the same sound throughout the entire concert. The sound is right after the openning rif on Spirit of radio then again on YYZ then at the end of The Trees and throughout Xanadu I know its his pedals I have the CD and I saw that tour. anyone have any ideas???? Can this be done with the LP? I can get something like it but the high sound has no balls, sounds like a baby bird. OSC 1 is fine set at 16` triangle wave osc 2 is at saw wave useing 4` or 2` oct I have tryed it with sync1-2 on and off just cant get any balls out of osc 2 for this setup Thanks for any help Ironstorm

Ibanez SR500

Genz-Benz Neo-Pak 3.5

Genz-Benz XB2 4x10 cab

Thankyou The Real MC for that info I called Moog music and spoke with a tech by the name of Amos. I let him know what you had said and he was familure with the ESL CD we are talking about. He suggested that the Voyager might do what I am looking for because of the 3rd osc and he agreed that it is two layered synths. He also said I should look into tha Roland JV serious rackmount synths 880 maybe or one of the other JV models. He also suggested the EMU Proteus as a second choice. He recomended I post his suggestions on this forum. to see what you guys would think is the best choice I really like the LP and dont want to get rid of it plus it is only one of 1200 made. Thanks for your help in advance Ironstorm

Ibanez SR500

Genz-Benz Neo-Pak 3.5

Genz-Benz XB2 4x10 cab

Archived