Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Casio WK-3200 key problem

Skythe

Not really a problem, more of a nit-picky thing. One of the keys of my newly bought Casio Wk-3200 (a B), makes a loud clickish noise when I hit it. I don't know what's up with it, because all the other keys work fine, and I've only had this for a few days.

It also only sounds clickish when I sort of hit it hard, or with my thumb during a chord. (It makes a rappish sound, while all the other keys make a more thudded sound)

Anyone know whats up?

Thanks

Casio WK 3200: $250.00

Behringer Ultratone FX900: $180.00

Roadrunner bag: $40.00

Intrument cable: $25.00

Radioshack Stand: $10.00

Rocking out of the cheapest equipment you can find: priceless.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started raking the sides of the key with an index card, and all this whitish oily stuff started coming out.

Maybe something to do with the key?

Is it Warantee time already? >___>.

Well, let's see... check your manual for "whitish oily stuff"... :rolleyes:

Okay, sarcasm aside for a moment... could the "stuff" be grease? it's possible that, depending on how deep you jammed the card, you may have contacted lubrication on the keyboard assembly.

Of course, this begs the question "why would you slide an index card between the keys on your keyboard?" :freak:

Now, if the key in question somehow triggers differently than the other keys around it, or is otherwise physically comprimised (beyond the sound you're hearing) then I'd say take it in for servicing while it's under warranty.

Not sure what "(a B)" means in your post above; if you mean it's B stock from a retailer, odds are they know about the key being like that, which is why you would have paid less for the product, and which may mean that it won't be covered under warranty. As they say in the business, "you get what you pay for" or something like that.

My advice? Stop sticking foreign objects between the keys of your keyboard, and contact the retailer where you bought the keyboard and ask them if it's under warranty. :thu:

No, I meant the note of the key is B. Er... I was trying to see if anything was stuck or something along those lines.

But fair enough, thanks for the response.

Oh funtimes. American Music Supply is a very nice supplier. I called them up, and despite me being a teenager, they promptly got to the point on sending me a new one.

I'm impressed.

I hate to be the antagonist here but that's what you get and have to expect from getting a Casio WK3200. You should look into how many of the Wk's are reconditioned. I noticed alot in the Casio Store here and the sales rep told me the WK series has had a very large amount of issues and that many of them wind up reconditioned in the Casio Stores.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Originally posted by Silver Dragon Sound:

I hate to be the antagonist here but that's what you get and have to expect from getting a Casio WK3200. You should look into how many of the Wk's are reconditioned. I noticed alot in the Casio Store here and the sales rep told me the WK series has had a very large amount of issues and that many of them wind up reconditioned in the Casio Stores.

It's cool, everyone has their own opinions. Anyhow, I think the WK was the best I could do for my budget range. I'm one of those habit changing kids, so I wouldn't want to invest too much on something that I might not be using all that much.

Plus, the sound chip is pretty nice, key action being a slight downfall, but hey, for only 250, it's a great board.

Originally posted by Skythe:

I'm one of those habit changing kids, so I wouldn't want to invest too much on something that I might not be using all that much.

:thu: That's the right way to go... there is nothing worse than the "buy an expensive gym to get fit" syndrome! Best of luck with the Casio and hopefully you'll develop your chops and move onto bigger and better things!

Skythe,

Check out this site: http://www.originalz.com/casio/casio_bbs/

It is a forum site for Casio WK owners specifically. I am sure there is someone on there who can tell you exactly what is going on and what to do.

I have had a WK3700 for a year now without the slightest problem---but the above website does speak of a key click problem with earlier Wk's.

Hope this helps!

BD

1956 Hammond C3 with Leslie 122, Roland V-Combo, Trek II Preamp, Peavey KB 100, 1976 Natural Maple Rickenbacker 4001S bass

And yes folks, I do gig with a Casio WK 3700...So there!

Wow, thanks for the site BD! I think this'll be exceptionally helpful if anything else happens to the keyboard!

As the very pleased owner of a WK-3500, I can tell you that the keyboard action on these things SUCKS! (pardon my blunt-ness :) ) I couldn't be happier with the sounds and editability, especially for the $400 I paid a few years ago, but the action is miserable, possibly the worst I've ever played. Eventually, all the keys will start to be really loud, although I've never had them clack, just a loud thud.

Hope you have fun with your new one, They really are a pretty useful machine, especially for the price!

Archived