Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stageworks Amps

stepay

So, I don't know much about these amps as I'd never really even considered them since they seem to be such a low-end product of Sam Ash's, but I found this odd...

...the local Sam Ash today had most of their keyboards set up to go through these amps, and it sounded horrible. Was at the local Guitar Center last week (just down the street from the Sam Ash), and there they used much better amps for their display keyboards. Makes those boards sound MUCH better going through something good.

Any of you ever use any of these amps? I'm assuming they are for beginners to use in their homes and pretty much for nothing else.

Why would Sam Ash do that? Amazing how much better a $2,000 keyboard sounds through a decent amp.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Sam Ash AND Guitar Center both on Morse Road. Don't know anything about Roadshow Sound.

Guitar Center's store is so much nicer -- better setup all around. Some of the keyboards at Sam Ash are set up on stands and are literally just a few inches off the ground -- am I supposed to lie down to play it? I guess I could play it with my feet. It's weird.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Archived