Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Phil Spector just arrested

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Spector's last major album was "End of the Century," a 1980 collaboration with the Ramones. During the session, the late bassist Dee Dee Ramone said Spector pulled a gun on the band. [/quote]Now that explains why Paul McCartney let him mix the long and winding road.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

[quote]Originally posted by BKeelan: [b]It's been said that Phil Spector is the only guy who has a bodyguard that has to protect everyone else from Phil. :eek: bob[/b][/quote]Actually, when he came to Nashville in '88 or '89 to accept BMI's "most-played song" for that year (a Trio version of "To Know Him Is To Love Him") he had [i]three[/i] bodyguards around him. Legend has it that when Emmylou Harris (who had never met him) approached him for an autograph that the bodyguards all glared and reached into their black bags. George p.s. Ask someone about his BMI acceptance speech sometime...

George Massenburg

http://www.massenburg.com

[quote]Originally posted by gm: [b]p.s. Ask someone about his BMI acceptance speech sometime...[/b][/quote]Or ask someone about his TEC Award lifetime achievement acxceptance speech. I believe George and I both witnessed that 45 minute debacle. - Jeff

[quote]Originally posted by Mats_Olsson: [b]George & Jeff please tell it all![/b][/quote]Not much to tell re: the TEC awards speech. Most of these acceptance speeches are a few minutes. Some last as long as ten minutes. Spector got up, and after a round of applause started rambling, jumping from subject to subject randomly. He was, at times, amusing, but mostly he was just plain weird. Those awards ceremonies are long enough, but his unexpected 45 minute soliloquy left everyone begging (at least inwardly) that he'd stop and be put out of our misery. That's what they said inwardly...no one said anything outwardly since they didn't want to be shot on the spot. In any case, anyone who knows about this guy's history would not at all be surprised to have had a dead woman's body pop up at his place. Check around for information on his marriage with Ronnie Bennett and you'll see what I mean. - Jeff

What a nimrod. My favorite part of the movie "Imagine" is where John Lennon is trying to get Phil Spector to sing a harmony vocal part on "Oh Yoko". Spector doesn't get it. Can't do it. Lennon is patient, but Spector just can't handle the part. I know what his problem is. Napoleon Syndrome. Judging from his size next to Lennon, Spector must be about 5'5" or so. Not a tall guy. Nothing against people who are "vertically challenged" but I've met a lot of 'em who are assholes...as if to say "You won't hit me, I'm short, so I can be as big a dick as I want". Geez.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

One of the worst by-products of show biz is that people can get so used to getting away with abhorrent behavior. They are surrounded by folks who won't tell them how big of an ass they are being. Eventually bad things happen.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Sad sad news. :( I hope he didn't do it, but then again, knowing his "history", I wouldn't be too surprised if he did. Maybe he was just upset over the re-release of Let It Be sans his "improvements" - they might use that as part of his defense. :eek: My condolences to the family and friends of the victim.

[quote]Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy: [b]Check around for information on his marriage with Ronnie Bennett and you'll see what I mean. [/b][/quote]Ditto.She alway's claimed she was lucky to get out that situation alive and still fears him somewhat to this day.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]What a nimrod. . . . I know what his problem is. Napoleon Syndrome. Judging from his size next to Lennon, Spector must be about 5'5" or so. Not a tall guy. Nothing against people who are "vertically challenged" but I've met a lot of 'em who are assholes...as if to say "You won't hit me, I'm short, so I can be as big a dick as I want". Geez.[/b][/quote]LOL - it's the same with dogs, ever notice? Little tykes get in the first strike. About six years ago a total stranger walked up my driveway, accused me of fooling around with his girlfriend, then pulled a knife right after he sucker punched me in the face and I just blinked. He was about 5'5. I talked him into leaving because something wasn't right about this picture. Soon I'm excitedly talking to the cops about the incident and add how these little guys can be trouble, before I calm down and realize one of the cops is about the same size :mad: Turns out the stranger was visiting next door and was off his meds so I'm glad I kept my head (both meanings).
It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

[quote]Originally posted by Charlie-brm: [b] I talked him into leaving because something wasn't right about this picture. Soon I'm excitedly talking to the cops about the incident and add how these little guys can be trouble, before I calm down and realize one of the cops is about the same size :mad: [/b][/quote]Absolutely! It's one of the jobs people like that seek. "I might be vertically challenged, but I get to wear a badge and gun and boss people around and have 'em kiss my ass all day". I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of the level-headed, nice short people of the country for being like that. If big people were ever a dick to you, that person was a dick anyway...hmmm...maybe that's the way it is with short people, too. Dunno. People are strange. Jim Morrison was right.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

[quote] Wow! It's not every day that someone as distinguished as "gm" joins an SSS rag fest. Spector must be the music industry loser of losers. [/quote]You mean he didn't reply because of MY stellar reputation as an audio professional?! What a downer...
Andrew Mazzocchi

• 1 year later...
bump because [url=http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6524317/georgeharrison?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single1&rnd=1096326340205&has-player=true&version=6.0.12.872]Phil Spector Indicted[/url] [quote]Reclusive producer faces murder charge. Producer Phil Spector was indicted today in the murder of actress Lana Clarkson on February 3rd of last year. The forty-year-old Clarkson was found shot in the face at Spector's residence in Alhambra, near Los Angeles. [/quote]

Archived