Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Electronic Percussion

TaurusT

I'm curious, having all the synths in the world to get the best tonal sounds and recreations of natural instruments, what are you using to get your electronic percussion in your scores?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by JustaJigolo:

LM7 (bundled with Cubase). I change the .aif drum samples for something more suitable.

How you do dat? Inquiring minds want to know ... I've got Cubase (just ordered v4 upgrade). Are their tutorials out there to teach me?

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Originally posted by midinut:

How you do dat? Inquiring minds want to know ... I've got Cubase (just ordered v4 upgrade). Are their tutorials out there to teach me?

Check out your vst folder in cubase, locate drums, then LM7 folder. There's a folder in there with all the drum samples in (I changed the "compressor" kit). You need to back up the sounds if you want to keep 'em, somewhere safe.

The drum samples are in .aif form so you'll need to convert your new sounds from their original format (I use Soundforge), then save the sound to the LM7 compressor folder. NOTE: you've got to keep the original drum name or LM7 won't find the drum. (That's why I backed up the original sounds in a different folder)!

I'm recording our drummer's kit to put into LM7 to give my song demos that touch of added realism. (Except the LM7 doesn't speed up when I don't want it to :D )

Gig rig: Motif XF8,Roland A37~laptop,Prophet 08,Yam WX5~VL70m.

Studio: V-Synth GT,Korg DW8000,A33,Blofeld,N1R,KS Rack,too many VSTs

Freefall www.f-music.co.uk

Archived