Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

sampler advice - live

latchmo

Is there a way to trigger samples live and in time without playing to a click track/sequencer?

One of the bands I play with has a new CD being released in a couple of months and we've been rehearsing the new material to play live.

On a few of the songs there are samples. We haven't worried about the samples because they are not really important to the song as a whole.

But a couple of the guys think that it's important for the samples to be heard in concert like on the CD.

We don't want to play to a click track/sequencer - the music lends itself to jamming - not being jammed up with a fixed arrangement. But the samples have to be in time with the band.

So....isn't there some sort of device that you could tap in the tempo a couple of bars before and then trigger the sample to that tempo.

Or am I in the year 2025?? I'm not a gear head - just a simple caveman keyboard player. But there must be something like that?!

The drummer seems to think that a click track is the only way to do this. We really don't want to go there though.

any advice??

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived