Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha CP300

Keyboard

I've recently started shopping around for a new Stage Piano/Portable Grand and of all the websites I visited, I found the CP300 to be a great choice. I did however encounter some problems. The Yamaha dealer closest to me only has a select few to look at. I could order the CP300 but that's without ever trying it first... I already own a Yamaha Clavinova CLP-820s and love the feel of it. It's my pride and joy. Over the years though, I came to realise that I'd like to have a Jazz Organ voice, and a choir voice, and a pitch bend among other things, not to mention the fact that the CLP-820s weighs around 100 pounds and is bolted into the stands. This is what attracted me to the CP300, it's portable and has all the bells and whistles I was interested in. My main question is this one : does anyone know what it costs? (In canadian dollars please) Yamaha don't give a suggested retail price on their site (which drives me nuts). I'd also like to know if the CP300 is along the lines of the CLP-820s in terms of feel.

In the mean time, for a stage piano, I'm using a Roland EM-303 (It's not even full size... much less have weighted keys... actually, the keys aren't even correctly sized for that matter :freak: plus...when you plug it into an amp, it has this horrible buzzing noise when not playing notes... so yeah, I'm kinda getting desperate for that Yamaha)

Thanks alot :)

-Keyboard-

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keyboard....it really varies actually, and depends where you are in the world also.

RRP here in Australia is AU$3799 but I just bought it for AU$2950, which converts to about US$2200 (I'm sure you can work out the Canadian dollars).

I've seen other people get them in the USA for as little as US$1700, and someone from Israel said that they cost about US$2800 over there.

The only thing I'll say is never, ever pay RRP for a new keyboard.

Damian

In the U.S., the list price is $2,199.99 (USD), but I have seen some reports of discounted deals down to about $1,869 in the U.S. (~15% off). I'm not familiar with musical instrument retailers in Canada, but you may want to call Tom Lee Music to get a price. Good luck!

Originally posted by hawk85:

you may want to call Tom Lee Music to get a price

Tom Lee doesn't have any locations in Ontario, the province where the poster lives.

Keyboard, you haven't specified where you are in Ontario, but why don't you just ask your local retailer, or call Long & McQuade or Steve's Music (if you're in Southern Ontario)? Either one will quote you a price over the phone.

On a side note, I'm curious why you would pick a pseudonym that is the name of the magazine that hosts this forum... :freak: ...nothing but confusion awaits, I'm thinking... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm in Sudbury, Ontario, therefore northernish Ontario. 2700MSRP US is quite a bit though. Perhaps out of my budget :cry:

Any suggestions about a keyboard along the same lines/functions but with a lower price?

-Keyboard-

Originally posted by Keyboard:

Well, I'm in Sudbury, Ontario, therefore northernish Ontario. 2700MSRP US is quite a bit though. Perhaps out of my budget :cry:

Any suggestions about a keyboard along the same lines/functions but with a lower price?

Don't give up on the CP300. $2,700 is just MSRP.

You should be able to purchase for less i.e. the $2,199 listed above.

Hopefully, Yamaha and its affiliates are not reading this forum. There seems to be a lot of interest in the CP300 around here. ;)

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived