Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dan Fisher sighting

Mike Martin

Last week I was at Sweetwater, doing some TC Electronic training and I ran into Dan Fisher.

Dan is now back at Sweetwater doing custom sound libraries once again. For those of you that don't know, Dan is master at programming synths and did amazing work on Kurzweil's K-series synths in particular. He's also done work for Korg, Yamaha, Alesis and even TC Electronic.

After catching up, I asked what he was currently working on. I was shocked and surprised when he told me that one of his favorite new hardware synths is the Alesis Fusion. He's working on a customer libary for the Fusion for Sweetwater and when he started showing me what he has done, I was blown away. Based on what Dan was showing me the Fusion clearly has an unexplored, under utilized and based on the factory presets, unused synthesis engine. Its deep, very very deep. I was stunned by the expression and control that he was able to get out of it. For anyone willing to spend the time programming or plan to buy some custom libraries from Sweetwater its definitely a synth worth a second look.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Mike Martin:

Last week I was at Sweetwater, doing some TC Electronic training and I ran into Dan Fisher.

Dan is now back at Sweetwater doing custom sound libraries once again. For those of you that don't know, Dan is master at programming synths and did amazing work on Kurzweil's K-series synths in particular. He's also done work for Korg, Yamaha, Alesis and even TC Electronic.

After catching up, I asked what he was currently working on. I was shocked and surprised when he told me that one of his favorite new hardware synths is the Alesis Fusion. He's working on a customer libary for the Fusion for Sweetwater and when he started showing me what he has done, I was blown away. Based on what Dan was showing me the Fusion clearly has an unexplored, under utilized and based on the factory presets, unused synthesis engine. Its deep, very very deep. I was stunned by the expression and control that he was able to get out of it. For anyone willing to spend the time programming or plan to buy some custom libraries from Sweetwater its definitely a synth worth a second look.

Hi Mike,

It was nice to see you, but I'm sorry we didn't have more time to spend together. Our new building is keeping me pretty busy!

Yes, Dan is making the Fusion sound pretty amazing. People will not believe it when they hear the sounds it can make. He is really into it. I'm glad to have him back in Indiana!!!

See ya,

Chuck

Originally posted by erik norlander:

I was able to work with Dan on the Alesis QS synths back in the 90s.

As did I...

He is without a doubt one of the best programmers on the planet.
No question.

Dan is responsible for one of the most intricate pieces of synth programming I've ever heard. He programmed the K2000 to basically allow you to do Pink Floyd's On The Run in real time. It's mind blowing.

I'm actually supposed to send a copy of that to Sven G, but I'm having media issues...anybody got an extra HD floppy disc lying around? ;)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Archived