Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arranger Keyboards?

hangee_77

Hi,

I'm looking for either Korg or Roland arranger keyboard within $500-$1000 price range.

My struggle with the keyboard I have right now is that whenever I move from song to song, I need some gap time to set a new song's configuration (tempo, style, intro, etc). I need something that I can name & save the song's setup, so whenever I need to play the particular of song, I simply touch button & all the setup (tempo, style, intro, etc) is there.

Thanks.

hc.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The good arranger's are generally more expensive. I would suggest looking at the Yamaha PSR series and looking into a used one to get the most bang for your buck. Of course going used isn't without its pitfalls. If you get a chance, head down to a music store and see if you can play a few to see which models you might like.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

A thousand bucks or less is cutting it close but fortunately for you there may be a solution. This Arranger keyboard has a feature called the Music Finder that is basically a database of songs that are preset with their own tempo, style, and voices, with a lot of them using the same instruments found in the original songs. It also has a feature called Registrations where you can set up a song or songs (for a total of eight per song bank) and you can set up as many song banks as you like and save to the internal memory - all to your liking i.e. tempo, R1, R2 -(Main/Layer), Left voice, style, etc. and call them up at a touch of a button. You said you wanted either a Korg or Roland but maybe you'll settle for a Yamaha? :cool:

Here is some info regarding the keyboard:

Yamaha PSR 1500

Musicians Friend

PS: I provided a link to Musicians Friend because the PSR 1500 is on sale there. And it's within your budget at $999.99 ;)

If you have a Guitar Center near you it may be a better option since Musicians Friend and Guitar Center are essentially the same outfit and at Guitar Center they stock the PSR 1500 and should have one on display. You also may be able to negotiate an even better deal in person.

Happy shopping! :thu:

Mike

Actually the arranger keyboard I have right now is Yamaha PSR low end series (I forgot the PSR series number), I bought it 3 yrs ago around $200.

Well I was thinking to get either Roland or Korg sounds other than Yamaha again, but if you recommend Yamaha, it's ok I'll check it out.

Thanks.

hc.

Archived