Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I betrayed juno-g

delirium

After a month of love I betrayed juno-g with fantom X6 :D

Unfortunaltelly keys action and keybed quality disqualified juno-g as a independent instrument for gigs for me. Its nearly not possible play on these keys something more complex correctly when you used to hammer weighted action. Not to mention lack of aftertouch and not that good piano sound like I thought at the beginning.

But besides that I must say juno-g has 95% features of fantom X and I dont understand how roland could screwed only keys in it. Or maybe I understandI wouldnt buy fantom X instead :D

btw, fantom x has quite great piano sound...

♫♫♫ motif XS6, RD700GX

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

delirium,

What did you do with the Juno-G?

So, you decided the piano sound wasn't that good after all? Sorry to hear that. I was definitely thinking of the Juno-G as my next step up partially based on your enthusiastic review -- I have played one a couple times at Guitar Center and it has sounded pretty good. I hate to think that I've got to shell out a lot more money to get something much better than what I do have.

I would like aftertouch though.

At least the Juno-G wasn't a woman. Your love burns hot for them for a month and you turn them in for a newer model, and you're likely to get slapped!

Steve

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

stepay,

I returned juno-g manly because keys action, piano is not that bad, much better then juno-d or fantom xa. It was hard decision because all other sounds are stunning, workstation, sampler, sequencer are top of the line for falf of the price of fantom X6.

If you OK with action like juno-d you'll love juno-g too. I was even considering keeping juno-g as sound module and workstation. Adn it's something about juno that I miss.

♫♫♫ motif XS6, RD700GX

Yeh, I tried a G last week. It's been on my GAS shortlist as a songwriting board, but I needed it to be giggable. Typical Roland Fantom soundset, I liked the new sounds, I liked the layout, hell I even didn't mind the pitch mod thingy which I usually hate, but the keys were shite. Picked up a second hand Ensoniq MR61 off ebay for songwriting. Should arrive early next week.

If you're not a keys player but want to do some songwriting and recording on a keyboard I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Juno-G. If you actually play keys, fugetabowtit.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

I've heard some rumblings about the key quality and the piano sounds both on other forums. I played one briefly and not enoguh to give it a fair review one way or another. My first impression was similar to what your saying about the keys and the Fantom sound set. I didn't think the piano was something I would want to use. However I am an admitted piano sound snob. ;)

Good luck with the fantom X and enjoy it.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

delirium,

Yeah, I like the action on my Juno-D just fine, and I definitely don't mind the action on the Juno-G. As I mentioned in another thread, I played a Korg X50 today at lunch time and that thing was awesome.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

Stepay,

Guess what! I got back juno-g, love from first sight never dies :D

Although fantoms key were much better, I missed juno fresher sound and look. Plus improved interface.

Unfortunately fantom X is a little seasoned already. Got also SRX-11 to have best possible piano in juno and Im good along with my FP5. :thu:

♫♫♫ motif XS6, RD700GX

delirium,

Interesting turn of events. I do like that Juno-G after having played it a couple times now. Like I said earlier though, I also like the Korg X50. Both are kind of in my next step up range, so both are on my radar screen.

Glad you're having fun with it.

Steve

Steve (Stevie Ray)

Archived