Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VOCODERS (HELP ANYBODY)

metrofunk

Speaking of vocoders and the vocoders used to make the voices for the Cylons in Battlestar Galactica I would have to agree with user "Cylon Vocoder" that the Sennheiser Vocoder was NOT the one used in production for the voices of the Cylons as "claimed" by a certain individual that when I confronted him with the fact that it WAS an EMS Vocoder he still PERSISTED that it was the Sennheiser.

Well if anytbody can help I would like to post samples from an EMS 2000 and a Sennheiser vocoder of audio samples to this site but I don't even know how to upload them. Help!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean "speaking of vocoders?" I haven't seen a vocoder-related thread here in months. A topic has to be relatively current for you to say "speaking of..."

Also, I wouldn't waste time with audio samples. I think most people here either don't care or are willing to just take your word for it.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! As long as you never speak of vocoders again, you'll get along nicely here. :thu:

Metrofunk: you can not upload sounds to this forum.

Listening to soundclips of a good sounding vocoder doesn't make any sense. (except for the thrill of the sound ofcourse)

You can't learn anything from it. Why?

There is no such thing as: how does a Sennheiser sounds like? It depends highly on what synthesizer there is used as carrier. And what does 'a synthesizer' sounds like?? There is no such thing as ONE synthesizer sound. Whoa, this goes deep... Get the message?

My advice: if you can buy a Sennheiser, EMS or Roland SVC350 vocoder, do not hesitate! Use a good quality studio (large membrane) microphone and an analogue synthesizer. The choice of the synth depends on your taste and budget.

After experimenting with a Minimoog, Jupiter 6, System 100, Micromoog, Andromeda, Neuron, Marion, Prophet VS I found out that my favorite synth for my vocoder (Roland SVC350) is the Roland SH09.

But that was with my own voice. With the voice of other persons I got totaly different results.

With a Synton vocoder of a friend we got totaly different results too.

A vocoder doesn't sound. It works. Or it doesn't.

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

Cydonia says:

I don't know why, but this fills me with an impression of déjà vu.

-------------------------------------------------

hahaha that was what i was about to wright! :D i wonder where this "vocoder guy" is now...

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Cylon Vocoder posted around January this year. Now some 9 months later a new post from "Metrofunk".

Ummm.....9 months. Where has he been all this time: a jail sentence? time in a mental institution? The gestation period for a new personality :eek:

Cydonia says:

I don't know why, but this fills me with an impression of déjà vu.

-------------------------------------------------

I knew you were going to say that :rolleyes:

Dave

Originally posted by blue and white:

Originally posted by Noah Vail:

Am I in trouble, then, for this: http://www.keyboardmag.com/story.asp?storycode=15688?

A VBScript runtime error? :D

YMMV, but thats all I get when I pull up that page.

Try it without the question mark at the end... or click here .

It's Mark's article about the VP-330 from the September issue.

For the record, Mark, it's okay, because you didn't write your article in ALL CAPS. :thu:

Archived