Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MO8/S90 ES and Synthogy Ivory

linearb

I plan to purchase Ivory later this year, and I plan to purchase either an MO8 or S90 ES in the next week.

As a controller for Ivory, would there be any difference in the MO8 and S90 ES?

Also, I plan on purchasing additional computer for Ivory. (I don't yet have a dedicated audio computer). Any downside to running on a Windows machine? What other software will I need to use Ivory?

Thanks,

Lin

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both use Yamaha's Balanced weighted action but I found a reasonably significant difference between the two. The S90ES (or the original S90 for that matter) just feels better. Smoother. I've played the Yamaha Balanced action for years and noticed the difference right off when I played the M08 for the first time.

I've used Ivory on both a Mac G5 and Pentium 4. Can't say there is much of a difference. Just get a good 7,200 prm (minimum) drive.

Busch.

Posted by Burningbusch:

Both use Yamaha's Balanced weighted action but I found a reasonably significant difference between the two. The S90ES (or the original S90 for that matter) just feels better. Smoother. I've played the Yamaha Balanced action for years and noticed the difference right off when I played the M08 for the first time.

+1 :thu:

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Archived