Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Psychedelic Furs help

saucyjack

The band is wanting to work up Pretty in Pink.

I've got the chords just about worked on guitar but need to come up with a keyboard part and sound.

The keys are not real prominent...more of a pad part.

I tried coming up with a suitable sound on my Nord Stage but not much luck.

Any idea what the keyboard was?

Or even better any ideas on how to approach that sound on the Nord Stage ?(Close is good enough)

Thanks

Smell the Magic

www.Katp.com

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This type of thing definitely isn't my strong suit, but I personally think any relatively mellow synth pad, buried appropriately in the mix, will do fine for that song in a live setting. Of course, if you ask me, I say drop that song and play "The Ghost in You" instead. It features keyboards much more prominently -- always important, at least to me -- and is a better song (IMHO)! :thu:

Good luck.

Noah

Originally posted by NoahZark:

This type of thing definitely isn't my strong suit, but I personally think any relatively mellow synth pad, buried appropriately in the mix, will do fine for that song in a live setting. Of course, if you ask me, I say drop that song and play "The Ghost in You" instead. It features keyboards much more prominently -- always important, at least to me -- and is a better song (IMHO)! :thu:

Good luck.

Noah

On the other hand, keyboard parts don't get more prominent than the one Chick played in "Got A Match?" :thu:

Archived