Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tommy Lee's Supernova lawsuit

SilverDragonSoun

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I had a heavy metal band called The Beatles, do you think that would cause confusion? I think it's possible that it could cause some misunderstandings at the very least. If the record store you chose to shop at didn't narrow it down to "rock/pop" and "heavy metal" the CDs might just get all mixed in there. I'm not comparing the original Supernova to The Beatles, mind you.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

And I hope you are not comparing the current Rockstar Supernova to The Beatles either!

In the end (pun!), it doesn't matter. The San Diego band had the name and the rights to the name.

Tommy Lee & Co. has to come up with a new band name.

Some of the ideas posted at the rockstar msn site are too hilarious for words. ROTFLMAO!

You'd think that CBS would have done their homework and saved themselves the trouble. Now they've managed to cause confusion and proved free PR for the old Supernova.

Seriously, guys, when you pick a new band name, don't you at least google it first? Someone at CBS just didn't do their job.

I'm currently looking for bookings for my new heavy metal band, The Beatles.

I'm also finishing the album. It's pretty much done, and I don't want to overthink it at this point, so I'll probably call it Let It Be.

I'll keep you guys posted as to a release date.

Originally posted by mate_stubb:

Why bother. Tommy Lee's bunch probably won't ever bother recording an album, much less touring.

Too many celebrity TV shows to do, doncha know.

Besides, their karma and suckage will be major since they don't have a keyboard player! :D

They'll just have Paul tour with them and supply any keyboards they need.

I think I'd rather be in Delana's place anyway. Now she gets to do her own thing with major support, rather than be in the shadows of Tommy Lee and crew.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Archived