Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha S03 vs Alesis QS6.2 vs Roland Juno-D

Widjayaman

Hello everyone.. glad to found this forum.

I'm currently considering to purchase a second keyboard to accompany my Kurzweil Stage piano.. I'm planning to use it live on stage, so I need something thats simple to use and have decent sounds, particularly pads, organs, leads, and electric piano. That also means I dont need any sequencer feature or anything like that.

The models I'm considering to get are Yamaha's S03, Alesis's QS6.2, and Roland's Juno-D.. can anyone give me a reccomendation / reviews? Maybe even suggest something else? As you can see I'm under budget so I'm not looking anything too expensive. Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the cheapest would be S03,I had once for a moment (470$),quite nice sounds, but very plastic body and action. Plus anty-logical menu.

I don't recomend juno-g since it's twice that price,

although it has 100 times more features and 100 times nicer sound...

♫♫♫ motif XS6, RD700GX

you're welcome...

Within that price range I'd go with juno-d definitelly. It's not too many options in these

keyboards (although juno-d has more then S03) but still I was strugling with yamaha to figure out sinmple things. Roland is known from

great, logical menu that you don't need a manual to follow. Also juno-d is a little more solid.

♫♫♫ motif XS6, RD700GX

I forget the pricing, but the new Korg X50(?) might be an even better deal. It also has a nice solid chassis, and is easy to carry due to its two end piece "handles".

I haven't bothered trying any of these keyboards as low-end ROMplers do not interest me (I'd rather spend money on a real synth), so can't comment on the sounds, but I have read that the Korg derives from the more recent Triton Extreme models, which are fairly impressive with the more layered voices (the raw waveforms to my ears are not as natural as Yamaha's in the Motif series, but I can't remember if the S03 derives from that series or the earlier S80 series).

I would say that the Korg unquestionably is the most sturdily built and the easiest to work with (I have played all of them; I simply haven't bothered to run through their entire preset sound banks for an overall impression of the sounds).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived