Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland DP8 sustain pedal for Motif ES

jazzfish

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't plug and play: plug the Roland sustain pedal into the Motif BEFORE powering it up. Then it will detect the reversed polarity of the on-off switch while booting. It is not guaranteed to detect this at run-time if you plug the device into the socket after powering up.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by jazzfish:

Hi.. actually jus tried the roland DP8 pedal in my motif ES.

Nope no sustain whether I put in before turning on Motif or plug it in after Motif powered on.

Any guesses what I can do?

Last time I checked, works fine on the RD700SX

Thanks

1) What jack are you connecting it to on the Motif?

2) Are you inserting the plug all the way in, or stopping at the first 'click'?

3) When was the "last time" you checked and verified that it worked?

There is no reason it wouldn't work on the Motif, if the pedal is still operating correctly.

Oh, and incidentally, for Mark... there is no polarity with these pedals; they are either Normally Open (NO) or Normally Closed (NC). Not the same thing as polarity. Nor does the Motif adjust to the pedal type upon startup... NC pedals will not work correctly on the Motif (the keyboard will sustain until the pedal is depressed). ;)

I had the same problem with my DP-8 and XK-3. I ended up buying an M-Audio SP-2 which works fine with my roland gear and hammond. Only problem is the SP-2 does not have "half pedalling" - but that's of no use to me anyway. I really think Roland should fix this problem - pretty arrogant if you ask me.
I like to move it, move it (except The Wurly which can be a bit temperamental and the 122 for obvious reasons)

Originally posted by King Julien:

Only problem is the SP-2 does not have "half pedalling" -

It doesn't? I was under the impression that it had...I was thinking of buying it (I have a DP-6 now). It doesn't say anything in the M-audio page, so I'm guessing it doesn't have that.

Archived