Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arbiter Flats

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I like them alot. They have a very distinctive sound though, and I could imagine some disliking them. I could be wrong, but I believe another company made them first, or liscenced them from arbiter- I think remo.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

You're thinking of Roto-toms, which are a bit different. the similarity is that they are both shell-less drums, but the rototoms can be retuned quickly by turning the drum (hence the name.) The Arbiter drums use a tuning system that they invented using a single lug mounted parrellel to the plane of the head. Being used to Rototoms (I've had a set for years) I thought the Flats toms & snare sounded pretty good, but the kik left much to be desired, and if I remember right the snares on the snare drum aren't releasable,

Paul Berolzheimer

Progenitor of 2 amazing sound sources

[quote]Originally posted by Paul Berolzheimer: [b]You're thinking of Roto-toms, which are a bit different. the similarity is that they are both shell-less drums, but the rototoms can be retuned quickly by turning the drum (hence the name.) The Arbiter drums use a tuning system that they invented using a single lug mounted parrellel to the plane of the head. Being used to Rototoms (I've had a set for years) I thought the Flats toms & snare sounded pretty good, but the kik left much to be desired, and if I remember right the snares on the snare drum aren't releasable,[/b][/quote]No, actually i'm not thinking of Roto-toms!

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

Archived