Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT:anyone else having issues with the web.

The last coupla days have been like molasses,i know about that "slammer" worm but most sites i goto are fine.Most forums oddly,are the culprits as opposed to sites themselves.anybody else?
I cannot be bought, and I cannot be threatened. But if you put them both together then I'm your man!"

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, for me, if it wasn't for the ability to e-mail family members I rarely get a chance to see, to read and share ideas with the fine, upstanding people in these musicplayer forums(yes, I've tried others, and FEW compare), and often instant messaging with my daughter, who sends me some cool files sometimes, I really wouldn't HAVE any use for the iNet. Especially for something stupid, like SHOPPING on it!(Flamesuit is ON!) Whitefang
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Could be the slammer worm still wreaking a bit of havoc.. not like before, but some nonetheless. What kind of speeds to do connect at, and does it drop the connection much? If it is a Windows machine (particularly 9x or ME) check your TCP/IP settings to make sure it didn't disable DNS, and that the Primary Network Logon is "Client For Microsoft Networks" instead of "Windows Logon". Of course, the above only applies to dialup.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

I'm on charter cable,it's moving better today, never had issues until recently.It's good to have back-up, but i'm hopelessly addicted to speed so if it slows it's time to go do something else.
I cannot be bought, and I cannot be threatened. But if you put them both together then I'm your man!"

Archived