Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

making demos with Windows

Dave Eskridge

Hey All,

My boss just asked me to recomend a program for making SIMPLE demos: 1 or 2 instrument tracks, 1 or 2 vocal tracks. He runs Windows and I'm a Mac guy, so I told him I'd ask around. Any suggestions for an interface would also be appreciated. Thanks!!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, don't forget the MIDI interface if you need it. You can find interfaces with both audio and MIDI adapters.

Another to look at might be the Mbox; it comes with ProTools. If you're only going to record audio (not MIDI), this may be a good choice.

You may want to ask over on the EQ forums, too, or search Phil's archived Project Studio for more info.

"making demos with Windows"

Originally posted by Dave Eskridge:

Hey All,

My boss just asked me to recomend a program for making SIMPLE demos: 1 or 2 instrument tracks, 1 or 2 vocal tracks. Any suggestions for an interface would also be appreciated. Thanks!!

You could make a pie chart, where one part represents the instrument tracks, another part represents the vocals, while the third part represents "just kicking it".

I also would recommend a decent sound card. Most standard sound cards are going to create poor recordings. You may get a decent recording with a standard sound card but chances are there wil be some issues with it.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Thanks gentlemen for all the input. He liked the idea of the M-Audio Ozonic bundled with Ableton Lite. Probably we'll wait and see how it goes before upgrading his sound card - I've been using Macs for a while now and I forgot that it can even be an issue.

Archived