Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

For you Fantom XR users...I have a ?

C.J. Lewis

I'm running into a weird phenomenon when playing my XR. I control my rack gear with a K2600AES (88-note, fully-weighted), and all my other modules (and 90% of all the other sounds on the XR) seem fine with this.

What I'm running into is this 'detached' feeling when playing Roland's pianos with my Kurz. The piano sounds in the XR are great -- I love using them on different projects, but they seem far away, very disconnected from the Kurz. Anyone else have this problem?

I can imagine those of you who have the keyboard version don't run into this, but...?

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try to pin down what's going on in specific terms. I'll give some examples, each which would have a different solution.

1. Is there a slight delay between when the keys are struck and the notes sound?

2. Are velocities unnatural... either too low or high?

3. What do you hear when you disable all effects... not only reverb, but any MFX if there is one assigned to the patch. And don't forget Master! There's a three band compressor in there that may be squeezing the life out of your dynamics.

Originally posted by Bill H.:

Try to pin down what's going on in specific terms. I'll give some examples, each which would have a different solution.

1. Is there a slight delay between when the keys are struck and the notes sound?

Very slight, yes.

2. Are velocities unnatural... either too low or high?

Definitely too low

3. What do you hear when you disable all effects... not only reverb, but any MFX if there is one assigned to the patch. And don't forget Master! There's a three band compressor in there that may be squeezing the life out of your dynamics.

I'll work that out later today if I have time -- going to the gym now -- thanks for the advice!

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

Archived