Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

You are so Beautiful...

Phred

Anyone have (or know where I can purchase) a good transcription or chord sheet of this wicked Billy Preston tune? I am strugling with some of the chords...
I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did this song several years ago at a wedding reception....the groom sang it to his wife....and to my surprise did a very representative job! Anyhow, it was just piano and vocals, so I wanted the piano to be spot-on. Fortunately, I found sheet music that contained the correct chords to include many of the voicings and some of the fill-in runs. It's not that difficult of a song to play, but the "feel" thing has to be there! I agree with the previous posters....the Joe Cocker recording is in the key of "G."

I've had pretty good luck with some of the on-line music distributors. They will usually show you the first page before you buy, then in many instances you can print off the music on your computer.....so you have the charts within minutes. Here are a couple of sites I've used in the past:

http://www.musicnotes.com/

http://www.freehandmusic.com/

Good luck!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Originally posted by Nordude:

Originally posted by gangsu:

Gb(13#)11 for those who want brackets

I guess that would be Gb13(#11).

Sorry, I taught math courses once... ;)

lol, here we go. You're crazy. You're never gonna tighten the heartstrings of any gal that way, she's gonna roll her eyes and walk awaaayyyy...
"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Originally posted by Nordude:

Gb(13#)11 for those who want brackets

I guess that would be Gb13(#11).

Sorry, I taught math courses once... ;)

lol, here we go. You're crazy. You're never gonna tighten the heartstrings of any gal that way, she's gonna roll her eyes and walk awaaayyyy...
Like I said, I taught math courses once :D

:D

Thanks all. I received a great Chord Sheet from a PM, and it is perfect. The Joe Cocker version that I have is in Ab - not G.

Thanks again

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

Archived