Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Drummer in a box?

mate stubb

I'm looking for a drummer in a box. That is, probably a VST plugin that acts like a drummer so that I can jam with it to improve my chops. I just don't know what's out there these days.

It can either have its own sounds or output midi to external sounds as long as I can both jam with it and record in Cubase with it.

I'm looking for ease of use for jamming, but a bit of programmability if I want to record specific songs with it. Applying different groove "feels" or styles would be a plus.

What's good?

Moe

---

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok its been discussed before but a heads up to you. Beware of the Dongle. :mad: I paid full price for Steinberg's Groove Agent 2 and had to pay an additional $30 for a dongle so it would work. This damn thing takes up a USB slot and works with only other STeinberg products. Since I own no others, I'm pissed. For this reason I recommend Spectrasonic's Stylus RMX.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Wow, lots of great choices out there! I've been lost for the last hour listening to the grooves on Drumcore, and I discovered a couple things:

I need to go back to the woodshed before I attempt to play with Terry Bozio. :eek:

Alan White can come over and jam any time he wants! :love:

Moe

---

• 2 weeks later...

I am really interested in the Stylus RMX after watching the demo. Can I play drum parts with the included samples with the Stylus RMX as well? I am looking for the perfect combination of being able to use loops and adjust them as needed or totally build them from scratch.

Any thoughts?

My band Thousand Houses: www.thousandhouses.com

The best brush sounds that I've heard come from Garritan's Jazz and Big Band Collection. They also use a very clever implimentation for the tempo of the "stirring" of the brushes that sounds totally realistic.

Originally posted by delirium:

my drummer is too fat, won't fit in a box :D

The trick is breaking him up into managable pieces -- see the Sopranos for tips.

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

Archived